Hello, i decided to buy a BB Tour, but i read the trackball issue in July 2009, when you buy it, still has these problems with the trackball?

--
    Thanks
    02-27-10 07:04 PM
    I bought mine last August and I have had no real problems. I could be lucky, I could have one thats not affected, who knows. I clean my ball once a month..
    02-27-10 07:08 PM
    Most of them have been fixed up (so I've heard). I'm sure it depends on the build date you get though. The more recent the better I would guess as it was the early builds that had all of the issues.
    02-27-10 07:14 PM
    Bought one of the first Tours in New England, and have NEVER had a trackball issue to this day. Dont handle the phone when your fingers arent clean (dirty, wet, greasy) and you shouldnt have a problem.
    02-27-10 07:36 PM
    I had one of the first tours available in NY... my trackball was horrrrirble. Finally just a couple of days ago i decided i cnt put up with it anymore and im gettin a replacement. hope its a good one
    02-27-10 08:31 PM
    If it starts to stick, wipe off the trackball with an alcohol pad. Mine was sticking bad until I cleaned it. Now it works like new.

Do what Dave and Rob said, clean it once a month and don't use the trackball with dirty/greasy fingers.

I was almost ready to give up on my Tour before I cleaned it. Glad I waited... it's like a new phone now.
    02-27-10 08:57 PM
    But you think if I buy on these dates will not have the problems they had early users? (obviously taking care of the trackball)
    02-27-10 09:13 PM
    But you think if I buy on these dates will not have the problems they had early users? (obviously taking care of the trackball)
    You'll be fine. Go ahead and get one!
    02-27-10 10:35 PM
    I switched from the curve to the storm because of ball issues well not really just one of the issues anyway too slow of a phone but how do u pop ball out of the tour? The curve was cake but I don't see a ring on the tour lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 01:03 AM
    The ball on the Tour doesn't just pop out like on the Curve. Which is unfortunate given all the problems. The ball must be removed from underneath the keyboard, which requires some disassembly of the phone. I remember watching a video of it on YouTube a couple weeks ago. I will try to post back with the link. Personally, disassembling my Tour does not look like anything I will be trying soon LOL.

02-28-10 08:02 AM
    I got my Tour in Dec 09. No trackball issues at all. Just have to clean it every once in a while.
    02-28-10 08:45 AM
    Man yea and if u crack the tour open to clean the ball you'll prolly get dust all under the screen

02-28-10 12:03 PM
    I've had my tour since late Nov and haven't had any issues at all. Haven't cleaned my trackball or anything and its working like new. Definitely the best BlackBerry that I've had.

02-28-10 12:19 PM
    I LOVE the Tour. Excellent phone....but...yes, there's a but.

Had my Tour since Oct 09...out of nowhere two weeks ago my Tour trackball wouldn't click anymore when pressed down. It still worked left/right, up/down, just wouldn't click...and in turn was tough to press down. Took it into Verizon yesterday and they swapped it right out for a new one, no quesions asked.

GREAT phone...but the Trackball needs extra special care and attention. Don't put the phone in your pocket where lint can seep in.

I'm kinda favoring the enter key now, only pressing down on the trackball when I need to...don't really want a 3rd Tour.
    02-28-10 04:23 PM
    I am on my second Tour (I let a kid who just ate chips use my phone to call his dad and got a new one under warranty because it stuck) but if you work to clean it out using the paper strip method it seems to work pretty good. Just brush your hands off on your jeans before you use it and you should be good.
    03-01-10 11:07 AM
    I'm on my 3rd tour and the trackball on this one no longer 'clicks' when I press down on it. It still works fine, but having the 'click' makes it easier to use.
    03-01-10 12:07 PM
    I've been considering getting the Tour as well (frankly, my LG Voyager is breaking down every day and continuously waiting for the Tour 2/Bold/whatever it is is getting exhausting) but I'm really worried about the trackball problems. If I wind up having an issue with the ball, will they replace the device with a NEW one or a refurbished one? I read somewhere once that said they would replace it with a refurb.
    03-01-10 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD