Any way to get PAM working with a Sprint Tour and a Mac running Snow Leopard? I used to have PAM on my plan when I had a BB 8330, cancelled it and was still able to tether, but I haven't found a (non-Tether) solution for the Tour-Snow Leopard-OS 5.0.0.484 combination. I've searched the forums and all of the Mac tethering posts I've found either work with an older BB OS or an older Mac OS. Thanks in advance.
    03-16-10 03:43 PM
    I dont know, i have no issues tethering the Sprint and VZW phones that i modified using QPST.

Im actually tethered with my MacBook now
    03-16-10 04:41 PM
    Why don't you just use desktop manager to setup your phone as a modem. It has a selection to do that.
    Do you do this on US Cell? If so, do they charge you to tether?
    03-16-10 08:09 PM
    +1 for Desktop Manager, works fine for me.
    No charges on the Telus Network though, don't know about US.
    03-16-10 08:53 PM
    i dont know about yall but my tether stopped working weeks ago. i wish it would work again.
    03-16-10 09:08 PM
    +1 for Desktop Manager, works fine for me.
    No charges on the Telus Network though, don't know about US.
    Desktop manager method is blocked by both Verizon and Sprint here in the states unless you do the hack i said in this thread, then it starts to work again.
    03-16-10 11:50 PM
    I don't run thru desktop manager I just set the modem up in there and have device manager loading at start up. Then I just click on the phone modem connection and click on connect and it works.

I haven't been charged anything but don't do a lot of downloading etc. mostly surfing and IM. They do want $15 a month for tethering at a 5gb cap.
    03-17-10 05:55 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD