Does anyone have suggestions on phone book sync in Audi A4's?
    Had problems with the 2008 - the address book content was visible on the display, but voice commands pertaining to the phone book didn't work. After an audible command "select a name" it basically says "phone book not present" - yet I see the phone book and all the entries on the display?

And its the same thing for the 2010 A4. On the BB under Bluetooth Options, when I select "Transfer Contacts" it is not recognized and the error message is "Unable to locate Object Push Server." I read other threads and tinkered with enabling various security settings, but to no avail, Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    12-08-09 05:21 PM
    you can't do it that way. the bt module keeps it's own vocal phonebook.

so you would have to somehting like
    1. hit the button
    2. "store number"
    3. "123-456-7890"
    4. say persons name x2
    5. "store"

and done.. this needs to be donw with each person that wants to be stored.

to call:
    1. "dial name"
    2. persons name you stored previously "John Smith"
    3. "Dial"

i have a 06 A4 and those instrunctions are probably not in the right order becuase it was a really long time ago that i set that up........ feel free to PM me if you need some help.
    12-09-09 12:24 PM
    I have an 07 A4 and the steps are the same on mine as toyceli... The BT is very limited in its capabilities. If I have te patience to, I'll just hit MODE and then scroll on the steering wheel to the contact I want. But when youre looking for someone in the middle of your contact list and you have 300+ contacts.... That little jog wheel gets a real workout.

Needless to say, I don't use the car BT. Another thing that bothers me is if I want to use the handset because for whtever reason, the car will not get out of PHONE mode and I cannot use the radio.
    12-09-09 12:31 PM
    I have an 07 A4 and the steps are the same on mine as toyceli... The BT is very limited in its capabilities. If I have te patience to, I'll just hit MODE and then scroll on the steering wheel to the contact I want. But when youre looking for someone in the middle of your contact list and you have 300+ contacts.... That little jog wheel gets a real workout.

Needless to say, I don't use the car BT. Another thing that bothers me is if I want to use the handset because for whtever reason, the car will not get out of PHONE mode and I cannot use the radio.
    i usually just browse to what i want. it does what it needs to do but not well .....

not sure i can help you though with transfering to handset. i don't think i've ever encountered that.
    12-09-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD