I don't really use my 3.5mm much but it is really annoying me that headphones don't fit in it. I called Verizon and they told me they make an adapter. I figured the lady thought I had a 2.5mm device and told her such. She didn't understand and told me she would send me the adapter. I haven't gotten it (over a week). What have you guys done about the faulty 3.5mm adapter?

Thanks!

Paul
    03-31-10 09:51 AM
    I am having a similar issue. I was able to use my headphone jack before but now my headphones won't fit in for some reason now. But they should replace the phone in my opinion since that is a hardware issue. Knowing verizon though they would send out a refurbished phone, that is, if you want to go that route...
    03-31-10 09:56 AM
    I tried to get them to replace it but they wouldn't, they just sent me an adapter that never came. I guess I'll call again.
    03-31-10 12:16 PM
    Have you tried other headphone connectors in the jack? I found that one of my Blackberry brand earbud sets did not fit for some reason (I ended up ruining the connector) but all of my other 3.5mm headphones seem to fit OK.
    03-31-10 12:29 PM
    Well maybe that's what happened to me. The BlackBerry one does not work. Several others I have tried also don't work.
    03-31-10 12:34 PM
    I got a replacement phone a while ago and the first time I plugged it into the car stereo, it was difficult to plug in. I had to apply greater than normal force. After that, I've had no problems at all.
    03-31-10 12:41 PM
    The 2 ring 3.5'' plugs don't seem to work as well as the 3 ring. Initially, I couldn't get a pair of skullcandy ink'd earbuds to fit but after some trying was successful. They don't work that well.
    03-31-10 12:42 PM
    I guess I'll call again. I don't want to go in store because I dropped my phone and it has a big gash in it. I don't want the people in store telling me that is why it doesn't work.
    03-31-10 12:43 PM
    I called again and the rep was just as useless. She told me that they didn't send me a 3.5mm to 3.5mm adapter like the 1st rep was planning on doing because they don't make one. I told her that makes sense... Then she suggested that I buy a Bluetooth device to fix the issue. WTF?

Well I went in store and they replaced the phone without so much as a question.
    04-05-10 07:24 AM
    I found out that ipod earphones didn't work, my bose earphones do though. My ipod headphones work on my ipod no problem, weird.
    04-05-10 09:29 AM
    I too have had problems with my jack!
    I got a "new to me" vehicle that has an old tape deck. I never changed the tape deck to a cd player because I always plugged my Curve into the tape deck, and played all of the free music I want to through Pandora. Now that I have the Tour, I had to shove that adapter into the jack with a lot more force than I should have. My stereo adapter took a carp, so the wife went to the store and purchased another one for me, it has the same jack adapter as the original, but now it doesn't work in my Tour, she's bought three different adapters, and none of them work any more!

LAME!!!
    04-05-10 10:50 AM
    I got my NEW Tour a week ago and the output to the right side is quieter than the output to the left... it's pretty sad. I guess I'll have to see if they'll give me another one.
    04-05-10 11:50 AM
    this happened to me as well...after one tech guy at verizon told me i had to call blackberry to deal with it, on friday i ended up calling verizon and they called the local store and explained the situation...i went in today and a different tech guy gave me replacement headphones and they work fine
    04-05-10 02:53 PM
    Then she suggested that I buy a Bluetooth device to fix the issue. WTF?
    You should never have to or be forced to buy something to fix a manufactures defect thats covered under a 1 year warranty..
    04-05-10 02:58 PM
    So i've had a similar problem. the very first time i tried to use the headphone jack on my tour, it was really hard to get the plug to fit in. it did not matter if it was the oem headset, or my monster fm transmitter. after finally getting it in, they all seem to fit just fine. the problem is, the microphone and the button on my blackberry premium headset do not function whatsoever. what should i do?

i really dont want to exchange my tour for another one. the first one i had lasted a month until the charging port went bad, and my second one has been just fine until now....
    ?
    05-11-10 04:32 PM
    from what I have gathered in online forums, we are screwed with this problem.

just bought some nice klipshe image buds for 80 bucks and plugged em into my tour, they worked 3 times and now won't even fit back into the jack.

I've learned that the jack is a dual purpose jack and my/our problem is very common and tuff titties for us it seems! I can't find one solution to this problem anywhere. Verizon just gives u some BS story and sends you on your way it seems.

serious bummer, anyone find any McGiver solutions that work?
    05-16-10 11:56 AM
    I'm having same problem now, have you found a solution yet?
    05-16-10 11:59 AM
    If the phones won't fit, you can try probing with a tooth pick - carefully, you don't want break anything off inside.

Or get the phone replaced.
    05-16-10 12:22 PM
    You all might need something like this in order to use your favorite set of headphones without any hassle: Amazon.com: Headset Hands Free 3.5mm Adapter + Microphone for Apple iPod Touch iTouch 1 2 3 iPad iPhone 2 3g 3gS: Cell Phones & Service . YMMV so don't hold me to it!
    05-16-10 04:26 PM
    Mine is a different problem. My headphones were working till I updated to the 5.0 software. Once I did that it dosent recognize the headphone jack
    05-16-10 08:51 PM
    Lots of problems with the BB Tour as there seem to be a number of threads on this headphone jack issue.

I just discovered Pandora and had taken avidly 3 days ago to running to tunes using my Tour and a cheap set of 3.5 mm ear buds. No problem at all. Bought a set of Skullcandy's and plugged them in today and they are in and out, speaker to headphones, on/off. Bull-@#*!. Worse, I plug the cheap ones in and even THEY no longer work!!!

Well, my BB is about 8 months post purchase and I still have my Samsung Instinct so I'm thinking of shipping the Tour back for warranty work (if it's still covered?).

This really sux cuz I really love running with the music and now my bubble has popped. Any suggestions on warranty work/coverage and/or fail proof headphones for the BB Tour would be appreciated.
    07-28-10 11:31 PM
    I think I have stumbled upon the answer thanks to an audiophile friend. The Tour uses a 4 conductor 3.5mm plug. Most headphone cables only have 3 conductors. I went through tons of cables trying to get my Tour work in my car until I purchased a 4 conductor cable. Now it works great.

Before when I plugged the aux cable in, the phone went directly to voice dial. It would also only play one song at a time, and was basically mono (vs stereo). Jiggling the cable even a bit would cause the phone to switch between headphone and handset.

But now it works like it should. You can tell the difference based on the number of little black bands around the plug. 2 black bands = 3 conductor. With a Tour you need a plug with 3 black bands.

I hope this helps!
    10-07-10 08:06 AM
    I think I have stumbled upon the answer thanks to an audiophile friend. The Tour uses a 4 conductor 3.5mm plug. Most headphone cables only have 3 conductors. I went through tons of cables trying to get my Tour work in my car until I purchased a 4 conductor cable. Now it works great.

Before when I plugged the aux cable in, the phone went directly to voice dial. It would also only play one song at a time, and was basically mono (vs stereo). Jiggling the cable even a bit would cause the phone to switch between headphone and handset.

But now it works like it should. You can tell the difference based on the number of little black bands around the plug. 2 black bands = 3 conductor. With a Tour you need a plug with 3 black bands.

I hope this helps!
    Interesting post here.....didn't even know they made four conducter 3.5mm connectors. I never use the headphone jack I'm either an internal speaker or a bluetooth guy, but this is a good find I thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD