I'll make this short and sweet. I have a 8330 and I want a Tour. With no major differences btwn Tour 1 and 2, plus with 5.0 released on Sprint for Tour 1 does it really make sense to wait for Tour 2...suggestions?? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 01:55 AM
    Yes it does. For one there have been all the trackball issues with the Tour 1 and no one likes getting parts replaced or a refurb phone. The wifi may not be a big deal to some people but I think it'd be a nice addition to have. There have been some saying it will have a faster processor but thats yet to be verified as far as i know. But if those differences dont matter much to you then the Tour 1 might be the right choice. You'll most certainly be paying less for it.
    02-14-10 02:10 AM
    Tour 2, an obvious choice. Trackpad alone is a great improvement over the ball, and WIFI is just handy.
    02-14-10 02:12 AM
    The Tour's don't have trackball issues anymore. Go to the store and play with the new Curve and the Tour. Do you like the trackpad or trackball better? If Wifi isn't a big deal to you then that's the question you need to ask yourself. The Tour 2 will hopefully be dropping in the next week or so. Once that drops the Tour 1 will be cheap.
    02-14-10 04:04 AM
    The above post basically sums it up. If the new additions of the Tour 2 appeal to you, it makes sense to wait for it. If not, you can land a Tour 1 for a decent price.

Last edited by MNotar91; 02-14-10 at 11:01 AM.
    02-14-10 10:52 AM
    Wifi and the track pad aren't a big deal for me. I considered the new Curve but it doesn't have a flash on the camera and that's a feature I really like on my Curve. Tour 1 it is, thanks for your input!

02-14-10 11:09 AM
    I personally like the trackball better after owning phones with both the trackpad and ball. Just a personal preference. Wifi makes absolutely no difference to me. I've had multiple HTC with it, and never used it once....

Since the Tour is now $99, I wouldnt see a reason not to go with it. The slight differences do make up for the $250+ price tag the T2 is going to have.

And the trackball issues have been solved, thats hardly an issue unless you get a phone that was made prior to October 2009. The chances of that are very slim.
    02-14-10 11:25 AM
    Wifi and the track pad aren't a big deal for me. I considered the new Curve but it doesn't have a flash on the camera and that's a feature I really like on my Curve. Tour 1 it is, thanks for your input!

Sorry I didnt see you decided. Yes the Tour 1 is the better choice for you then
    02-14-10 11:26 AM
    I personally like the trackball better after owning phones with both the trackpad and ball. Just a personal preference. Wifi makes absolutely no difference to me. I've had multiple HTC with it, and never used it once....

Since the Tour is now $99, I wouldnt see a reason not to go with it. The slight differences do make up for the $250+ price tag the T2 is going to have.

And the trackball issues have been solved, thats hardly an issue unless you get a phone that was made prior to October 2009. The chances of that are very slim.
    I had a Treo 850 with wifi before I became a bb owner and I never used it so its not really a big deal. I played with track pad on the new curve and its nice but again not a biggie. Thanks for your input!

02-14-10 11:59 AM
    Both phones are good but if u want wi-fi and a trackpad get a Tour 2. The Tour 1 has been very good to me though.
    02-14-10 12:18 PM
    I managed to get one. Honestly, it's not that big a deal to replace it yourself. It's only 6 screws, and popping off the cover over the earpiece.

I wanted a T2, but got tired of waiting forever for it, and didn't want to pay $500+ for a new one since I wasted my upgrade on a Curve. I can live without wifi and the 2GB of internal storage, and the trackball isn't bad as long as it's fixed.
    02-14-10 12:26 PM
    I like my tour, the ball has given me no issues, i have yet to play with a pad though. I like the wifi, but I heard the processor is the same! To me thats not enough for an upgrade. However fast/wifi/trackpad/whatever else could be an enticing package.

D
    02-14-10 01:11 PM
    I've been completely satisfied with my Tour. My trackball works like a charm. While it would be nice to have a trackpad and wifi, it's not worth the $500 retail for me.
    02-14-10 01:16 PM
    I went to a Sprint Store yesterday to play with the Curve 8530 (w/trackpad) and the Tour 9630 (w/trackball). Personally I liked the trackball better, the trackpad seemed like it could get too slick or something and it seemed to move the cursor way too fast but maybe there's a setting that can be adjusted, or maybe it's just the Curve 8530. The Sprint rep told me they HAVE fixed the trackball issues on the Tour, she said it was an adjustment to the setting and that people don't realize they can adjust it themselves and then it will work just fine. I don't have a Tour (or a BlackBerry) so I wasn't sure what she was talking about.

So, with that I said "Ok I'll get the Tour 9630"! But, she said "sorry, we're out of stock". You'll have to order it online at Sprint.com".

Go figure. I'll wait now until the 9650 comes out, or I'll just order a 9630 online. It is only $99 today!! Yesterday if I would've bought it at the store it would've been $149 (after a $100 mail-in rebate).
    02-14-10 01:17 PM
    Just save your money for the tour 2 and it will be out very soon.
    02-14-10 08:19 PM
    Yeah I say save your money for the Tour 2. The trackball is cool, but having the WiFi is cool too. You can talk on the phone and use the internet at the same time when your using the WiFi for internet. I think thats pretty cool. Just my 2 cents.
    02-14-10 08:55 PM
    I thought I liked the trackpad better until I played with a friends new curve. I gotta say I like the ball still. The pad feels more like a joystick to me rather than a true track pad.

Wifi would be cool... Why the heck did the tour 1 never come with it?

02-15-10 01:14 AM
    The above post basically sums it up. If the new additions of the Tour 2 appeal to you, it makes sense to wait for it. If not, you can land a Tour 1 for a decent price.

Yea I got the tour the day it came out, and have never had a problem with my trackball although tons of people did. But I wouldn't let that decide for you, wifi isn't necessary, and IMO the trackball is more accurate and user friendly. As for a faster processor I haven't heard that, that would be great.

02-15-10 10:51 AM
    Yes, you'll have wifi.

02-15-10 11:40 AM
    I've had my Tour 1 since July 09 and have never had it replaced. I thought about getting a Tour 2 but if there are no other differences than the trackpad and wifi, I will keep my Tour 1 and save the $$$. Good choice on the Tour 1 if you definitely don't want to wait for the Tour 2.
    02-15-10 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD