Hi guys, my job is deals with a lot of tools and climbing in and out of equiptment I do a lot of phone work also on the job site. I tend to blow thru phones very quickly due to this. They get banged around and somties dropped. I have the storm with the otterbox but it made the phone twice and bulky thus leading to even more falls and getting hooked on wires. So now I'm on th curve 8330 and this thing is a monster it takes a beating and gets up and asks for more. Well I really want a hi end phone so I'm looking at the tour is it as dependable and rugged as the curve? Any tips advice is welcome

Thank you in advance
    08-03-09 01:13 PM
    The Tour is definitely more fragile than the Curve (probably because of more sensitive internal/external components).

Honestly, I haven't owned a Blackberry yet that was as tough as my Curve was.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 08-03-09 at 01:27 PM.
    08-03-09 01:17 PM
    The Tour is definitely more fragile than the Curve (probably because of more sensitive internal components).

Honestly, I haven't owned a Blackberry yet that was as tough as my Curve was.
    I agree with this 100%
    08-03-09 01:20 PM
    This thing is not nearly as tough as my Curve was. I haven't dropped it yet I know those who have and it hasn't worked out so well for them.

If you're tough on your phone then it's probably a better idea to stick to the Curve for now. The Tour has a pretty fragile screen...
    08-03-09 01:24 PM
    That and the high res screen is more fragile... been some people on here who can testify that it is :x
    08-03-09 01:24 PM
    The Curve was a tank. Mine did cartwheel after cartwheel on croncrete and it laughed at me when I picked it up. Had the curve for over a year and never had to replace it once.

The Tour on the other hand has fragile written all over it. I remember taking it out of the box at Best Buy and feeling like I was holding a newborn (exaggerating ofcourse) but it's silver bezel and shiny features scare me even though I've got a hardcase on it... The curve 8330 would be the best for your career or if your on Sprint, the 8350i would be even better. Its even more of a tank and you get the 4.7 OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 02:02 PM
    Those of you who think the Curve is a tank must not have ever used the 8703.....that thing was a TANK!!! The Curve was pretty sturdy and could take a decent beating but nothing like the 8703....the Tour on the other hand is a very delicate device and in your line of work I would not recommend it to you....Unless you plan on getting an Otterbox and insurance....
    08-03-09 02:07 PM
    the curve is much more durable. i would get the tour as your regular phone and maybe verizons gr1 zone or something like that (spelling/name) as a work phone. thing seems indestructible.
    08-03-09 03:02 PM
    The Tour has a place for a lanyard though. Wouldn't that help by allowing you to hang it outside your pocket or hang on something so it won't fall or bang against other things. Maybe around your neck...or is that dorky???
    08-03-09 07:13 PM
    You can beat the curve up more than you could the Tour. Maybe 8900 if it is an option for you? I didn't look and see what carrier you were on...
    08-03-09 07:18 PM
    Curve was awesome for almost all of us and yeah otter boxes are big but hold up ur phone at the job and take it oFf when ur home well worth it if it keeps it safe if u want that high end phone to stay that way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 04:51 AM
    The Tour has a place for a lanyard though. Wouldn't that help by allowing you to hang it outside your pocket or hang on something so it won't fall or bang against other things. Maybe around your neck...or is that dorky???
    I put a wrist lanyard on mine (instructions are posted here somewhere, it's not typical like other phones). Don't care if it's dorky or not. (Can women be dorks? ) Tour slipped once and hit the ground and have those little pings on my bevel. Won't let it happen again. I have a black strap and no one has pointed and laughed (but many have asked "what kind of phone is that?" ).

I was going to sell my Curve but am thinking now I'll keep it as backup. Doubt there will be any more berries coming off the line as tough as that one was. Of anything, I'd be concerned about Tour's sensitive screen. Unless you got something like Otterbox for use at work.
    08-04-09 05:52 AM
    these are all fantastic suggestions: if I used the lanyard i think it would get banged up due to as I have to crawl inside some of this machinery and that would make the phone drag across the granite, but I never thought of the simplicity of just taking the otterbox off when not on site that my friends could work, for some silly reason i was under the impression that it was designed to "always" be on. well I think I will go the route of otterbox+Tour, and keep the Curve as back up, thank you guys very much for the fantastic input and I will be seeing you in the tour forums!

-Looking forward to adding one more to my sig line
    08-04-09 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD