I was loving the top right mute button opposite key lock.. it saved battery and kept my from pocket dialing.. after the update the other niight, the button does NADA? anyway to program it back. I find the lock key to be a nuisance and isnt muting applications or saving my battery
    thanks in advance.. Oh,, BB Tour by the way..
    04-08-10 11:09 AM
    doesnt work anymore. i agree with you. if i didnt have a password on it was great to just hit left top then right top and not worry about it becoming unlocked.

also even with a password i liked being able to press the left top button to password protect then go into standby so i wouldnt hit anything
    04-08-10 11:24 AM
    i didnt have a password.. keylock was too hard to undo.. hitting star then lock again. mute was one button and it quieted programs to save battery and effectively locked key pad as well.. why the **** would they disable it??? makes zero sense to me.. how can I undo the update? i dont like the constantly rolling texts either.
    04-08-10 11:29 AM
    What exactly does the top right mute key do? I had it on my storm too and I have never used it. Use the lock function all the time though
    04-08-10 12:17 PM
    I was told that the lock botton now works both as a lock and a 'sleep' function with 5.0.
    04-08-10 12:23 PM
    That is true, hold the lock button for a sec then release and the screen will go black.

Push it again to unlock, it does not "password" protect the phone.

Serves the same function as the old stand by.
    04-08-10 12:30 PM
    i like the new standby/keypad lock. The screen goes dark much quicker now.

And to password lock, just press K.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 12:33 PM
    With the top-left button keylock, the pearl and nearby buttons turn the screen back on in my pocket all the time. Battery drain is much worse. I'm not sure this is really a standby mode. If it is, it's worse than before.
    04-08-10 01:22 PM
    Interesting, I have been killing my battery since I got this phone and this lock function seems to help a little but I'm sure with the screen lighting up every time you hit a button it wont be as effective as the old stand by.

But then again maybe I am reaching because I dont want to admit its gone.
    Last edited by Heavy_GD; 04-08-10 at 01:53 PM.
    04-08-10 01:37 PM
    i thought it was easier to just hit left/right and be in standby and require two other presses in sequence to bring it out of standy. helped my battery life for sure, and doesnt unlock the keyboard with one simply bump of the button in my gym bag
    04-08-10 03:07 PM
    the top right was a mute.. it not only locked the phone pretty effectively, I never had any issue with pocket dialing with it on.. and it also quieted down open programs in the background... pandora, media, web page that recycled, etc. the lock button was annoying.
    I agree.. the new lock button dims it quick but any button pressed turns the screen right back on, so I am not sure how much battery life is going to be preserved... ughh... and the browser hand wont click on a link.. and the chat thing keeps an entire string of texts even when you delete it.. not good.
    04-08-10 04:16 PM
    What exactly does the top right mute key do? I had it on my storm too and I have never used it. Use the lock function all the time though
    Its a mute button for the music function. The left button is a combined lock/stand by key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 05:01 PM
    it also mutes the microphone when on calls, and mutes the ring when getting a call.
    04-08-10 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD