I'm on my 4th Tour(for various hardware issues) and to some extent, all 4 of my Tours have had an earpiece cover that made some creaking sound when pressue was applied to it. Do the Tours being purchased at retail now have the same problem? I'm thinking of asking for a new replacement instead of getting a refurb.
    09-03-09 05:48 PM
    some do and some don't. really it's hit or miss. I messed with mine putting pressure in various places and it seemed to quit.
    09-03-09 05:56 PM
    Mine doesn't, I got it two days ago, brand new, green dot, mexico 5 and its production date was 20AUG09. The new retail Tours also come with a different holster. My new one has white stitching and also feels a lot sturdier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 06:23 PM
    I'm thinking that since the cover is designed to be depressed to activate the two buttons underneath, the material has to be pliable; and therefore, will probably be prone to emitting some type of [friction] noise as it rubs against the silver trim.
    09-03-09 06:30 PM
    I'm thinking that since the cover is designed to be depressed to activate the two buttons underneath, the material has to be pliable; and therefore, will probably be prone to emitting some type of [friction] noise as it rubs against the silver trim.
    Well it makes a creaking noise when I put the piece to my ear. The piece is actually fine when pressing the 2 buttons on the top of it.
    09-03-09 06:34 PM
    Does it really bother you that much to exchange it? Im sure they will all "creak" after a certain period of usage.

09-03-09 07:36 PM
    I fixed mine with super glue. I removed the piece, placed a few drops of glue on each prong and a bit along the base where it meets the screen and stuck the whole dang thing back together. Rock solid and not a creak!

Now before I get bashed I will not dismantle my phone again so this is not an issue. The phone works well with no problems and if some arise I will do a swap anyway lol.

09-03-09 07:39 PM
    Does it really bother you that much to exchange it? Im sure they will all "creak" after a certain period of usage.

Yes it does bother me. When I'm on a call, I don't want to hear a creaking noise from my phone. I would think RIM should be able to produce a better quality device.
    09-03-09 08:20 PM
    How hard are you pushing it to your ear? Maybe try not putting so much pressure and you might be okay. Besides pushing so hard you'll end up with broccoli ear like wrestlers!

09-03-09 09:23 PM
    How hard are you pushing it to your ear? Maybe try not putting so much pressure and you might be okay. Besides pushing so hard you'll end up with broccoli ear like wrestlers!

basically just touching it to my ear makes it creak. I'm not smashing the phone against my ear, lol.
    09-03-09 09:28 PM
    Duke,
    I was just messin' with you. The Tours are the best BB out there its just a matter of getting the right one. I'm only on #2 and I'm quite satisfied (knock on wood). If you're trully not happy with yours you should exchange it. I'm sure you paid good money for it.

09-03-09 09:33 PM
    I have the same creaky earpiece. Fortunately with the Innocase 360, nothing moves at all.
    09-03-09 09:33 PM
    I had the creaky earpiece and Verizon mailed me out a brand new green dot retail Tour with date of 07/28/09 Canada 1 and everything is flawless now!
    09-03-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD