I still have the plastic sticker that was on the Tour when I got it. I keep the phone in a clear hard plastic case because I have a habit of dropping phones.

I have the app AutoStandby loaded. It automatically locks the phone when the screen turns off.
    08-06-09 02:25 PM
    well the main thing im concerned is not the tour getting damaged but the small dust particles that can get UNDER the screen. Even with PSkinz/IE, the crack is still open for small dust to get through isnt it?
    Can't happen. The Tour doesn't have any plastic or glass screen over the actual LCD itself. Any dust that gets in the cracks around the screen just go into the device body. It's same as a glossy desktop lcd display. Can't get dust under it, as it is the screen itself.
    08-06-09 02:33 PM
    are you sure? cause i read a recent post about someone getting dust in their screen already
    08-06-09 02:38 PM
    I always put mine naked in my pocket. Not too worried about damage. That being said, anyone use a 3rd party insurance company?
    08-06-09 02:44 PM
    are you sure? cause i read a recent post about someone getting dust in their screen already
    I've seen a few posts like that, but if you watch Tour dis-assembly videos, you'll see that the lcd screen is a single unit and there is no screen over the lcd in which dust could get trapped. Compare that to a Curve or 8830 break down video and you'll see there is a plastic lens that is a part of the housing that covers the lcd, creating a gap where dust can get trapped.
    08-06-09 02:51 PM
    I used my old curve 8330 leather pocketpouch. The tour snugs perfectly in it. I slip it in and out my pocket and set it aside when I drive. Leather makes my BBTour 2x's more sexy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 02:54 PM
    I just use a sleeve for now. You guys got me thinking about insurance though now. Does Telus offer an isurance?
    08-06-09 02:58 PM
    I am on my second tour, first one had trackball issues. However i was putting the first one in my pocket naked from day 1. I noticed that the screen had small scratches in it and the top black part where it said blackberry had small scratches. I really think its from sliding in and out of my pocket when im wearing jeans. The second Tour, I got a silicone case for and a screen protector. I dont like how bulky it makes it, but its better then scratches. Im just waiting till I find something that adds no bulk and protects.
    08-06-09 03:09 PM
    I am on my second tour, first one had trackball issues. However i was putting the first one in my pocket naked from day 1. I noticed that the screen had small scratches in it and the top black part where it said blackberry had small scratches. I really think its from sliding in and out of my pocket when im wearing jeans. The second Tour, I got a silicone case for and a screen protector. I dont like how bulky it makes it, but its better then scratches. Im just waiting till I find something that adds no bulk and protects.
    How do you feel about holsters? I just ordered a Seidio rubberized holster for my Tour. Have always used that brand for previous bb's. Soft felt lining prevents scratches and any edge that comes in contact with the bb is a soft rubberized material.
    08-06-09 03:14 PM
    When u think about it the pocket is the safest place for it. Just don't put things in the same pocket. I don't own a case besides the one that came with the phone but I never use it. I haven't dropped my phone yet (knock on wood). It only takes a few times for u to do something before it becomes a habit and I'm a strong example that u can actually train urself to stop dropping ur phone.
    08-06-09 03:20 PM
    How do you feel about holsters? I just ordered a Seidio rubberized holster for my Tour. Have always used that brand for previous bb's. Soft felt lining prevents scratches and any edge that comes in contact with the bb is a soft rubberized material.
    A holster isn't completely out of the question. I really could only wear one while I'm at work I don't like them when I'm going out.
    08-06-09 03:22 PM
    A holster isn't completely out of the question. I really could only wear one while I'm at work I don't like them when I'm going out.
    When I'm not working, my shirt hangs out, so it covers it anyhow, so I'm always using my holster.
    08-06-09 03:36 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD