I promptly cleaned the root beer off with an alcohol wipe but when I click, it doesn't actually select what I click on. It's still under warranty, moisture indicators did not get wet, just the track ball. Is there an indicator under the trackball?
    Last edited by cassith; 09-14-10 at 12:34 PM.
    09-13-10 10:30 PM
    toss it into rice, upside down, for a minimum of 24 hours, then see how it goes... if there's sugar on the board, you might be hooped...
    09-13-10 10:33 PM
    Is it too late to do the rice thing? I did it at the fair and that was hours ago...

Hooped=screwed?
    09-13-10 10:39 PM
    Nail polish remover works better than alcohol somehow...I spill something on my trackball daily and so far, that's the only thing that actually works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 11:02 PM
    Nail polish remover works better than alcohol somehow...I spill something on my trackball daily and so far, that's the only thing that actually works

I'll try that, thanks.

I have a FRU coming from Ontario CA(different issues) so when I send this one back, do you think Verizon will know that the trackball got something in it? It was already messing up dang it.
    09-13-10 11:12 PM
    I'll try that, thanks.

I have a FRU coming from Ontario CA(different issues) so when I send this one back, do you think Verizon will know that the trackball got something in it? It was already messing up dang it.
    I doubt it, you said your moisture indicaters are ok, that's what they look for...when I had a problem with my Storms screen not working, I took it up to the store, they checked for water damage, there wasn't any but I had voided the warrenty by taking the phone apart, I even told them what I did and they didn't seem to care (the screen was a well known problem with the storm and the trackball is a well known problem with the tour) either way, your stickers are fine so you should be good

09-13-10 11:56 PM
    I'm guessing they'll look under the trackball and probably find sticky spots ? Wondering if I'll get charged full price, no negotiations... I mean, there has to be people that send in their phone w/moisture exposure and don't know about it. Ugh, maybe I should just file w/insurance. Never had to do that before and I'm not even sure how it works or how much I'll be out for another CRAPPY tour.
    09-14-10 12:39 PM
    Chances are if the moisture indicator is OK and there are no other obvious signs of physical abuse, they'll replace under warranty.
    09-14-10 01:10 PM
    Chances are if the moisture indicator is OK and there are no other obvious signs of physical abuse, they'll replace under warranty.
    Thank you. I hope you're right!! I have been sick to my stomach searching EVERYWHERE on the net trying to find similar situations to this, but have had no luck. Hopefully this thread can be of some help to someone in the future when I get it all figured out.
    09-14-10 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD