Hi All,

I am on a road trip right now and I am figuring out that the BBTour does not seem to be adjusting to the timezone i am in. Is there anyway around this? I have it set on network time, which is telling me the correct time, but my clock is not adjusting to that. The only way it adjusts is if I manually change the time zone i am in. What is that!? It clearly sees the correct time zone change but the phone doesn't auto change to it?

Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    09-22-09 11:54 AM
    Blackberry devices do not change timezones automatically. They never have; it is by design. I've read that apparently it has to do with the calendaring function.

I've also read that this may be addressed in OS v5.0
    09-22-09 11:59 AM
    This is an age old BB quirk. It won't change your time zone like other phones do. There's a reason for it that has to do with the built in calendar and it's so people who have appointments in different time zones have their things scheduled correctly. So when you change time zones you have to change it on your phone. Just do it. This subject tends to get a lot of the same comments (ala the BB vs iphone controversy). That's just the way they make the phones.
    09-22-09 12:01 PM
    Great explanation by Forums Moderator JeffH

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-zones-46190/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 12:02 PM
    I believe OS 5.0 has an option that allows time zones to automatically change. Right?
    09-22-09 01:26 PM
    I believe OS 5.0 has an option that allows time zones to automatically change. Right?
    Correct, however- if you read up on it this is an OLD feature of blackberry's...when I got my first blackberry 5 years ago it really aggravated me, until I found out the reasoning behind it...if it did change automatically it would through your calender off wack and you would either be hours early/late to your appointment...

Now I love it, I wont use the automatic update time zones when 5.0 is released, and just a side note I don't think 5.0 will ever be released for the tour...they are going to save this OS for the essex or something like that because just like anything else they want the consumer to buy the newest phone...and heck I am a sucker I will give in!
    09-22-09 03:16 PM
    surprised there isnt an app to override this function as it seems to be annoying to a lot of people.
    09-23-09 10:03 AM
    surprised there isnt an app to override this function as it seems to be annoying to a lot of people.
    Only those of us who prefer options!
    09-23-09 10:39 AM
    This still aggravates me... can't wait for 5.0
    09-23-09 11:29 AM
    Is it actually available in any of the leaked 5.0 versions?
    09-23-09 12:44 PM
    Yes, the option is there in 5.0.0.230, which I'm running.
    09-23-09 02:55 PM
    Yes, the option is there in 5.0.0.230, which I'm running.
    Oh, boy, now there might be a reason to play with "fire!" Not that I plan on traveling out of my time zone anytime soon.
    09-23-09 03:38 PM
    So does anybody know why my BB would change its timezone in the middle of the night and waking me up an hour early? It went from Central Time to Eastern Time.

I have Curve 8330m 4.5.0.131. I also have the free version of WorldMate Live, which detects timezone changes and prompts you if want to change your timezone (not sure if WM caused the problem or not).

And if anybody does know of an app that could accurately manage my clock, that would be great. I have other devices to manage my calendar, but I always depend on BB for time.
    09-24-09 06:44 AM
    Now I love it, I wont use the automatic update time zones when 5.0 is released, and just a side note I don't think 5.0 will ever be released for the tour...they are going to save this OS for the essex or something like that because just like anything else they want the consumer to buy the newest phone...and heck I am a sucker I will give in!
    let us know how that works out for ya...

rim must be wasting a lot of time building all these 5.0 versions for the tour if they are not going to release it. in the meantime...5.0.0.230 is rockin my phone now.
    09-24-09 06:51 AM
    So does anybody know why my BB would change its timezone in the middle of the night and waking me up an hour early? It went from Central Time to Eastern Time.

I have Curve 8330m 4.5.0.131. I also have the free version of WorldMate Live, which detects timezone changes and prompts you if want to change your timezone (not sure if WM caused the problem or not).

And if anybody does know of an app that could accurately manage my clock, that would be great. I have other devices to manage my calendar, but I always depend on BB for time.
    it would appear that WM did in fact cause the problem. unless, of course you completed a sync and you have the "update device's date and time" selected. however, your bb should automatically revert back to your home time zone.
    09-24-09 07:06 AM
    Yes it is in there, but it doesn't work very well in the .230 release. It kept asking me if I wanted to changed to Atlantic Time (-4). I am in Washington DC (-5). Still can't believe something so simple the BB can't do or can't do right.
    09-24-09 07:16 AM
    it would appear that WM did in fact cause the problem. unless, of course you completed a sync and you have the "update device's date and time" selected. however, your bb should automatically revert back to your home time zone.
    Found the culprit: Desktop Manager. I had the switch on to synch with PC time and didn't know it.
    09-24-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD