After my line being removed last night, re added, being told I would get a call back, calling back 1 minute after he was supposed to call to find out they were closed. Some nice guy pmed me the number to Advanced Tech support.

Basically my plan got changed about 10 times in the past week and I am done with Sprint.

Problem is, if I cancel now I pay $400 in cancellation fees

So how much is YOUR Verizon plan?

I need about 1,500 day time minutes, although the unlimited calling to the 10 numbers would be nice.

And is the Tour back ordered with Verizon?
    07-17-09 12:42 AM
    Why would you get hit with such cancellation fees? Aren't you inside of their window?

Verizon might be a bit back ordered, but maybe call and ask if they will pay your cancellation fees if you switch over.
    07-17-09 12:52 AM
    You should be able to return your Sprint Tour, and nullify the contract you just signed.

There is no indication that the VZW tour is backordered (ordering direct), and most retail stores still have plenty in stock.
    07-17-09 12:56 AM
    i don't think it's backordered, ordered mine earlier this evening, around 7PM EST. my order was processed and i'm waiting for it to ship.
    can't really help with your plan issue, but if you jump ship to verizon i don't think there's a stocking problem.
    07-17-09 12:56 AM
    Well, I have the same account with 2 numbers, even if I send the Tour back I would have to wait til December til the contract is up, and my other line has until 2010

Is Verizon 24 hours?

I had Verizon a LONG time ago, and although it had service, they do not offer service here. So I had to go to the next state over to get pic mail which was gay as ****

And since I use a ton of online crap I could not get the VZW tour.

So I am not sure if thats been changed in the past few years or not

And god there plans are very expensive, wonder if they give company discounts?
    07-17-09 01:02 AM
    After my line being removed last night, re added, being told I would get a call back, calling back 1 minute after he was supposed to call to find out they were closed. Some nice guy pmed me the number to Advanced Tech support.

Basically my plan got changed about 10 times in the past week and I am done with Sprint.

Problem is, if I cancel now I pay $400 in cancellation fees

So how much is YOUR Verizon plan?

I need about 1,500 day time minutes, although the unlimited calling to the 10 numbers would be nice.

And is the Tour back ordered with Verizon?
    single line or family share?
    07-17-09 01:04 AM
    Family share. Right now I have the everything data, pick 5 numbers for free, unlimited texting, insurance, and nights at 7 and basic other things for $107 and I am trying to keep it around there, thats with unlimited mobile to mobile and 1,500 minutes
    07-17-09 01:08 AM
    Most companies allow you to drop your contract if you started less than 15 days ago. That said, if you've just upgraded, your previous contract should go back into effect, possibly leaving you still waiting.

As for the plan pricing, Verizon tries to position their Blackberries on data plans. For the number of minutes you noted, you're probably looking at paying $135 or so (plus taxes and fees) for unlimited data and messaging, but if you're using it that much, you might as well get the unlimited everything for just $150. You can drop the price if you lower the messaging and data packages, but why get a blackberry if you don't want/need the internet?
    07-17-09 01:08 AM
    Family share. Right now I have the everything data, pick 5 numbers for free, unlimited texting, insurance, and nights at 7 and basic other things for $107 and I am trying to keep it around there, thats with unlimited mobile to mobile and 1,500 minutes
    119.99 for the first 2 lines 1400 minutes, unlim texting, unlim mobile to mobile and friends and family (10 numbers your acct can call as much as you want and not be billed for)

each additional line is 9.99/month.

insurance is 7.99 or 5.99/month per mtn depending on which device you have.
    07-17-09 01:10 AM
    No I need data and messaging, and I am pretty sure the BB $150 plan is not unlimited for family correct? Its probably individual
    07-17-09 01:10 AM
    119? On their website it says 139 doesnt it? Or is that for non data?
    07-17-09 01:11 AM
    119? On their website it says 139 doesnt it?
    thats for the premium plan which isnt compatable w/ blackberry devices.
    07-17-09 01:12 AM
    I see a single line VZW BB plan that includes 1350 Minutes for $109.99. You could add a txt plan as well starting at $10 for 500 msgs and up from there for additional $$$.

You could always check and see if you qualify for any type of Corp. discount. I get 21% off my monthly voice and 21% off my data as well through my employer. That's a healthy chunk of change.

Check out VZW.com
    Last edited by bubbarob1978; 07-17-09 at 01:15 AM.
    07-17-09 01:12 AM
    That $119 for two lines is with 1.99/MB data plan. Are you going to have two smartphones or just one with a regular phone for the second line?
    07-17-09 01:13 AM
    Regular phone. Do not think Vzw is going to work out. I would need to have at least 1,000 minutes, unlimited data, text and picture/video messageing, unlimited mo to mo (although I know no one that had Vzw) and those 10 numbers. And nights around 6 or 7 for under $130 per month, don't think I am gonna be able to do that.....I send 10,000+ texts per month and I am online ALL day
    07-17-09 01:16 AM
    Regular phone. Do not think Vzw is going to work out. I would need to have at least 1,000 minutes, unlimited data, text and picture/video messageing, unlimited mo to mo (although I know no one that had Vzw) and those 10 numbers. And nights around 6 or 7 for under $130 per month, don't think I am gonna be able to do that.....I send 10,000+ texts per month and I am online ALL day
    139.99 for the first 2 then for everything you just said.

do you know if you work for any company that gives a company discount?
    07-17-09 01:17 AM
    Not sure, its Pepsi though. I have to run to bed, getting up in 3 hours though, so I will check this then

Thanks for all of the help so far!
    07-17-09 01:20 AM
    Not sure, its Pepsi though. I have to run to bed, getting up in 3 hours though, so I will check this then

Thanks for all of the help so far!
    pepsi gets 20% off.

so 20% off 130$ is 26$ off per month.
    07-17-09 01:22 AM
    Nah, the best you could hope for with VZW is 1400 min/mo shared with no data on the second phone for 164.98 plus taxes and fees
    Last edited by jasotastic; 07-17-09 at 01:24 AM. Reason: misprint
    07-17-09 01:23 AM
    Nah, the best you could hope for with VZW, then, is to put the two phones on seperate lines, pay $100 for 450 min/mo on the data line plus the money for the bbdata , then set up a similar line for the regular phone with no data... Best price I could work out was 1400 min/mo shared with no data on the second phone for 164.98 plus taxes and fees
    she said regular phones, not blackberry.
    07-17-09 01:24 AM
    heh, wow, I couldn't get that edited fast enough...
    07-17-09 01:25 AM
    For what you need you will have to pay minimum $149.00 a month. That will include:

1400 Anytime Mins
    Nights and Weekends
    Mobile to Mobile to 80 Mill VZW Customers
    Friends and Family (Unlimited mins to 10 people)
    Unlimited SMS and MMS
    Unlimented BIS - Data/Emails

Also VZW has one of the largest Corporate discount programs in the industry. Call VZW to see if your job qualifies you for a discount. I get 25% off my bill and 15% off data. Thats about $15-$19 off my bill.

When you really look at it...... Do you really excessively talk to more than 10 people?? And VZW is the largest cellular company with 80 million customers. Im sure someone you know has VZW. You may not know it.
    07-17-09 01:41 AM
    she said regular phones, not blackberry.
    Did she mean regular phone for the secondary line?? Cause in her initial post she said she getting a tour.... If she is getting the Tour for the primary line and a regular phone for the seconday then the minimum payment would be $149. But if not the minimum would be 134.99. And thats assuming the secondary line doesnt have a data package.
    Last edited by treyatl2006; 07-17-09 at 01:55 AM.
    07-17-09 01:45 AM
    April, you need to specify some info:

Two lines, right?
    One a BB and one a dumbphone? or two dumbphones? or two BBs?
    Does the second line need unlimited data?

When you really look at it...... Do you really excessively talk to more than 10 people?? And VZW is the largest cellular company with 80 million customers. Im sure someone you know has VZW. You may not know it.
    Yeah, but if she goes down to the 700 minute plan, she loses the Friends and Family numbers.
    07-17-09 02:26 AM
    Verizon is absolutly the best service in my opinion. Not sure if you need other lines on your plan but for ours its about $220 for 1400 shared minutes for 3 blackberries. All unlimited data, texts, and the friends and family where you call 10 non verizon for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 02:33 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD