Can you choose how many times you are alerted for a text message, or any other notification? I went from an 8320 where you could choose if an alert went off one, two, or three times to a Storm where an alert would only sound one time. The 8900 allows you to do this, just wondering if the Tour will allow for this.
    07-07-09 10:37 PM
    Think its OS based , and considering its all similar i assume you can do this, played with it , but didnt think to test this hahah
    07-07-09 10:38 PM
    The storm is only one? LOL if so WOOOW i'm not surprised
    07-07-09 10:40 PM
    You can do from 1 to 3
    07-07-09 10:43 PM
    You can do from 1 to 3
    NICE!! thanks salo!!
    07-07-09 10:45 PM
    NICE!! thanks salo!!
    No problem I'm glad I could help.
    07-07-09 10:49 PM
    You can do from 1 to 3

How do you do this with 4.7?

I've looked through all the message menus and cant find an option. There is no advanced setting under the profile menu like on the curve.
    07-12-09 06:36 PM
    Its in the options menu under ringtones/alerts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 06:37 PM
    I think that person means you can set it to vibrate 3 times for messages... but only when the message first comes in... I don't think it can be set to notify you every so many minutes like you want. I could be wrong, though. Someone needs to confirm that it can be done.
    07-12-09 06:37 PM
    How do you do this with 4.7?

I've looked through all the message menus and cant find an option. There is no advanced setting under the profile menu like on the curve.
    Second that question.

There is not an option under the set Ringtones/Alerts for it to ring more than once. You can make it vibrate more than once, but there is no option to make the audible repeat
    07-12-09 06:39 PM
    Second that question.

There is not an option under the set Ringtones/Alerts for it to ring more than once. You can make it vibrate more than once, but there is no option to make the audible repeat
    It can't be done on the Storm, and it has the same OS as the Tour. I think it's all OS-based, so I'm pretty sure the Tour can't do that, either.
    07-12-09 06:44 PM
    It can't be done on the Storm, and it has the same OS as the Tour. I think it's all OS-based, so I'm pretty sure the Tour can't do that, either.
    Correct. Neither devices have the optinon for the audible to repeat more than once. However, the vibrations can be changed to repeat 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 times, in Short, Medium and Long bursts.
    07-12-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD