I spoke with a sales rep over the phone for sprint and they said that while they wouldnt pay my early termination fee, they said they would give me a bigger/more of a discount on the tour when it is available for sale...

they couldn't specify what kind of discount or how big it would be...but I thought I would pass this along.

Basically I told them that I am "jumping ship" and I wanted to see what they could do for me...

anyone else have this experience?
    06-28-09 06:17 PM
    I don't think any company could technically agree to "pay" your etf fee..

giving a bigger discount is probably the only thing they could do legally I would think..

but it sounds great..
    06-28-09 06:19 PM
    I have heard of companies paying the ETF. i think they may just put a credit on your account that matches the amount of the ETF. you still have to physically make payment to the old provider.
    06-28-09 07:29 PM
    I have heard of companies paying the ETF. i think they may just put a credit on your account that matches the amount of the ETF. you still have to physically make payment to the old provider.

I believe I have heard of this as well...
    06-28-09 08:47 PM
    That is what they usually do... The only issue I see now is... you spoke with a rep over the phone. When you call back next time you're going to speak with someone else. There is no telling if they will offer you the same deal. Could be better or worse...

That has been an issue with Sprint. Their Reps are inconsistent.
    06-28-09 09:12 PM
    If you are on AT&T don't switch because you will be getting the Onyx.
    06-28-09 09:55 PM
    If you are on AT&T don't switch because you will be getting the Onyx.

I agree with this unless at&t is giving you bad service of course...

but if it works well then just wait for the onyx...
    06-28-09 10:33 PM
    I agree with this unless at&t is giving you bad service of course...

but if it works well then just wait for the onyx...

ATT is giving me very good service...however they are just raping me on the bill.

Currently I have a samsung eternity and get the unlimited data and 1500 texts. My monthly bill including taxes and everything is about 83 a month. Thats too high for me.

Through a friend of a friends employee discount with sprint I can get the tour at 59.99 a month with unlimited texts and data. I simply can not pass that up.

Blackberry plans on att are even more than what I am paying now...

So for me...it comes down to the almighty dollar. I really dont want to leave ATT(been there for about 4 years) but short of them matching what I can get from sprint...I am gone come the middle of august...
    06-28-09 10:59 PM
    I was on ATT but decided to cancel mainly due to the cost and crappy service. I find myself on EDGE a lot of times even though I'm in an area full of 3G and my phone conversations often get cut in and out and the infamous echo. I was paying 105 a month with no text and BES. The best ATT did for me was to prorate my ETF, so I'll be paying 85 as opposed to the full 175. With Sprint, I'll be paying 90 a month before tax with unlimited text, BES and nights at 7pm and get awesome service and calls here. AND I get 25% off on my bill. If I opt for BIS, its another $20 off the bill. Can't beat that.

It doesn't matter how awesome of a phone you have, if you don't have the adequate coverage, its useless.
    06-29-09 09:22 AM
    They probably can't legally pay the fee, BUT they can give you service credits or rebates equal to the fees.
    06-29-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD