Hey guys. I really love 5.0/.230 BUT neither Quick Pull, Quick Launch or Vlingo are working right and I really rely on all three of those apps in my day to day life.

What will I lose other than the ability to edit sound profile and SMS threading if I go back to 4.7, 1.4??

Are there other bugs in 1.40 that are too annoying to live with?
    10-12-09 11:46 AM
    I'm thinking about it too... Hoping that it would clear up the sms tone in holster issue. I've been close to pushing the button a couple of times...
    10-12-09 01:03 PM
    Same here, also, i feel like im the only person that doesnt like the new look. Like when it highlights the icons its all blue. Kinda of looks like the Storm. But anyways...its a shame to go back...i loved the threaded sms...other than that...and the fact that same with the OP...most of my apps arent working well with 5.0..
    10-12-09 01:18 PM
    Go to 4.7.1.57

Works great with Quickpull, Quick Launch, & Vlingo. GPS is all sorts of better now too. Actually works in Google Maps

OOOPS... sorry, just noticed your on Verizon. Hopefully you'll get the update soon too
    10-12-09 01:50 PM
    ARgggh... You had me there for a minute. :-(
    10-12-09 01:51 PM
    I had the same sort of issue with 5.0. I went back to 4.7.1.40 for a while, then re-upgraded to .53. Everything works, and it feels a little snappier than .40 (may just be in my head though). I'll wait for the official 5.0 before doing any more upgrades.
    10-12-09 02:41 PM
    What's .53? Is that a hybrid? I have never used a hybrid. What is better about .53 that .40 doesn't have...just speed?
    10-13-09 09:15 AM
    I'm thinking about downgrading, too. While I like the OS 5 experience overall, 5.0.0.230 has too many bugs and performance issues that end up locking up my phone from 30 seconds to minutes at a time. Also, I'm one of the ones with a bad trackball (it's Tour #4 for me which works great otherwise and I don't won't to press my luck with a 5th one). OS 5 seems to make the trackball even worse. I was running 4.7.1.53 before I jumped to 5 and I'll probably go with .57 if I do decide to downgrade back to 4.7
    10-13-09 09:26 AM
    Mines downgrading as I type this. Im gonna give .57 a try and stay away from OS5 until it officially releases. It runs pretty good but the small bugs are driving me nuts. The main ones bugging me are autostandby disabling and I cant keep my mobile network on home only without the phone trying to provision after every call. The only thing I'll miss is threaded texts but hopefully 5.0 will be finalized and released soon or at least a new leak with some of the issues fixed.
    10-13-09 09:35 AM
    I downgraded yesterday. I will sit put until I get an official. I definitely miss threaded texts. But Vlingo doesnt work right with that anyway right now....
    10-13-09 09:43 AM
    I'm thinking about downgrading, too. While I like the OS 5 experience overall, 5.0.0.230 has too many bugs and performance issues that end up locking up my phone from 30 seconds to minutes at a time. Also, I'm one of the ones with a bad trackball (it's Tour #4 for me which works great otherwise and I don't won't to press my luck with a 5th one). OS 5 seems to make the trackball even worse. I was running 4.7.1.53 before I jumped to 5 and I'll probably go with .57 if I do decide to downgrade back to 4.7
    Mines downgrading as I type this. Im gonna give .57 a try and stay away from OS5 until it officially releases. It runs pretty good but the small bugs are driving me nuts. The main ones bugging me are autostandby disabling and I cant keep my mobile network on home only without the phone trying to provision after every call. The only thing I'll miss is threaded texts but hopefully 5.0 will be finalized and released soon or at least a new leak with some of the issues fixed.
    I've been running .57 for several days now and from your post it will cure all the problems you're having with the hybrids. I ran .238 for several weeks and didn't like the bugs either.
    10-13-09 11:05 AM
    The bug that really irritates me is in Pandora, when the songs stops playing around the :25 second mark.....on every song! I use Pandora a lot at the gym and can't handle this. Gonna give Slacker a go.
    10-13-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD