This is going to be my first BB and I have been with Sprint for about 10 years so I�m one of those that get the new phone every year and the special promotions and such. Last year�s phone was the instinct. It was an ok phone but it was a $100 phone and they hyped the heck out of it. I signed up on the web site and was able to go to the store the day before and get the phone the day before everybody else. Well aren�t I just special. They must be doing that same thing with the tour also� Aren�t they?

I signed up online expecting my email to arrive in my inbox inviting me into the store on Saturday to come get my new phone. I noticed an ad on their website early last week about the tour that by the end of the week was taken out of the rotation which puzzled me. If this is their new greatest phone why are they not hyping it? Friday comes and no email. I call customer service and they say �It will be online, telesales and IN STORES on Sunday�. Ok but where is my invite for Saturday. Verizon has preorders. I keep seeing online that it was for sale only online and telesales but 2 people at sprint customer service said in stores so it must be in stores.

I took a drive by my local shop on Saturday to ask if they were going to have them in stores today and was told no. Online and telesales only tomorrow and in stores Aug. 2nd. I walked out of the store thinking something is not right here. Last night at midnight when I was ordering my phone online and as part of the ordering processes it says that the phone is already back ordered I think it just confirmed my suspicions. I think we were duped.

Verizon had the Tour boxed and ready to sell on today. Sprint did not. So instead of coming late to the party and have some people jump ship over to Verizon some marketing genius said �lets release the phone but not really release it� . I could be way off here. My phone could show up Wednesday but I don�t expect it for a couple weeks. If you had the phones why would you not put them where people could see and touch them? Instead the released them direct to back order so technically it was released the same day as Verizon but who from Sprint has their phone? When someone from Sprint first gets their phone post here. I would like to see how long it takes for them to get them shipped out. Like I said I could be way off on this one but it just seems strange. Anyone else get the same feeling?
    07-12-09 07:59 PM
    Yeah I feel the same way.

Not only that but the online ordering issues last night were unacceptable. I tried it twice and called the number I was given after the order was complete and I went to check my status only to find out that the orders were canceled! So I ordered it through retention...
    07-12-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD