Hi, I'm Sam. I just got a Blackberry Tour about two days ago.
    I have Pandora, Twitter, Facebook, Calorie Counter, Backgrounds, e-mail... and about 40 songs.
    These are the problems I'm having:

-When I'm in a web browser I have to click multiple times on a link to get it to actually... go.
    -My phone randomly deleted my parents and all their contact info, as well as any pictures I'd assigned to people.
    -When I'm in the middle of a text, and I get another text, it doesn't show that person's name anymore. It just shows the number and the text.
    -Phone is lagging when I'm typing and clicking, etc.

Any fixes/tell me these are ALL to be expected?

Thanks

P.S. My phone's name is Birdy if that helps to like. Baby talk it into submission. xD
    06-09-10 10:27 PM
    New Tour? Verizon's newest OS 5.xxx.591 has a bug which does cause what is called "browser click problem" which is what you are describing.

Have you loaded the songs into an SD card or internal memory - internal memory space is a premium and could slow things down. I don't text so have no idea but contacts should not disappear.
    06-09-10 11:59 PM
    Get os .643 or .662. Their leaks but most all problems are fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 12:08 AM
    I put them on the SD card.
    And I read about someone else having problems with contacts being deleted :/
    06-10-10 12:51 AM
    Yeah get .643. I use it and haven't changed since.
    06-10-10 02:23 AM
    Where do I find it?
    06-10-10 02:28 AM
    Where do I find it?
    643 can found here: Download 9630AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel1091_PL4.2.0.294_A5.0.0.643 (Verizon).exe from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    06-10-10 07:31 AM

Thanks. What do I do after I download it?
    06-10-10 02:54 PM
    install it your pc
    download and install BBSAK
    connect Tour to PC via USB
    Click wipe device in BBSAK
    when the device reboots to a white screen that says Error 507 Load Software
    Click Load OS in BBSAK
    When loader.exe starts clickthe checkboxes nexts to the apps you want (Maps, Tasks, P/W Keepr, etc)

Let it do it's thing!

Hope that helps, feel free to PM with questions
    06-10-10 03:26 PM
    I have Pandora, Twitter, Facebook, Calorie Counter, Backgrounds, e-mail... and about 40 songs.

-When I'm in a web browser I have to click multiple times on a link to get it to actually... go.
    -My phone randomly deleted my parents and all their contact info, as well as any pictures I'd assigned to people.
    -When I'm in the middle of a text, and I get another text, it doesn't show that person's name anymore. It just shows the number and the text.

Thanks

P.S. My phone's name is Birdy if that helps to like. Baby talk it into submission. xD
    Welcome to owning a BB. I would have got something else. Just my opinion.
    06-10-10 03:57 PM
    install it your pc
    download and install BBSAK
    connect Tour to PC via USB
    Click wipe device in BBSAK
    when the device reboots to a white screen that says Error 507 Load Software
    Click Load OS in BBSAK
    When loader.exe starts clickthe checkboxes nexts to the apps you want (Maps, Tasks, P/W Keepr, etc)

Let it do it's thing!

Hope that helps, feel free to PM with questions
    It wont let me do any of that. It's either remove or repair and those instructions don't add up with what's showing up on my laptop :/ my phone is connected though.
    06-10-10 04:20 PM
    I'm using .662 and have had it for about a month! HAs been great! Much better than the os 5 version that came on the phone!
    06-10-10 04:49 PM
    You know when you're in the middle of a text and someone else texts you? it used to show me who was texting me now it just shows the number... how do I change it back?
    06-10-10 05:05 PM
    It wont let me do any of that. It's either remove or repair and those instructions don't add up with what's showing up on my laptop :/ my phone is connected though.
    First time I did a new OS I followed this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/he...t-time-342461/
    06-10-10 05:49 PM
    First time I did a new OS I followed this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/he...t-time-342461/
    Ah I so don't get it.
    What I'm trying to fix right now is... when I'm in a text and get another text it shows the number (at the bottom of the screen) instead of the name now. It just started doing that yesterday and I dunno why
    06-10-10 05:56 PM
    Dunno, I thought you trying to install a new OS since the problem is probably with the OS you are running now. Maybe someone that knows more about it will chime in.

Seems like there was a thread on that somewhere............. the text thing that is.
    06-10-10 07:31 PM
    I think this thread covers the text issue:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=451115
    06-11-10 06:58 AM

Thanks

I haven't experienced any of that except for
    -When I'm in a web browser I have to click multiple times on a link to get it to actually... go

I learn a better way and that is to have the curser over the link and then hit the enter key that seems to work better then keep clicking until it goes

I do have sprint. I heard that verizon os or whatever isn't that good. That is one main reason why I will never be with verizon.

06-11-10 07:47 AM
    Now the red light is flashing and I have no messages or missed calls or anything. :/
    06-11-10 10:28 PM
    Now the red light is flashing and I have no messages or missed calls or anything. :/
    Do you have any weather programs? Some of those will blink the led if there is some kind of weather-alert. There might be some other program that also provides a warning of some kind.
    06-11-10 11:52 PM
    Surprised u put a leak OS on your phone, especially if your new. Stick with the official OS, that way u know there legit. Its a chance u may damage your phone.

06-12-10 07:01 AM
    New Tour? Verizon's newest OS 5.xxx.591 has a bug which does cause what is called "browser click problem" which is what you are describing.
    Its not really a bug like that. Try using the enter button on ur. Keyboard, the new OS, official that is, made it lean towards the enter button more to click on things vs the ball. Probably due to all the trackball complaints/issues. Now they have the new tour or bold to be politically correct.

06-12-10 07:08 AM
    The browser click fixed itself.
    I'm having other problems now.
    Like, I hear different tones play when different people text me. Idk how to get it to be a universal setting cause I didn't change any people for specific SMS tones.
    And it doesn't show the person's name anymore when I get a new text (when I'm in a conversation/text already), it just shows the number. Is there a setting to change that back, cause it just randomly started doing that on its own. And nobody even answers me when I ask :/
    06-20-10 08:04 PM
    How do I change the entry setting for phone numbers? It automatically saves as "work" but I want it to save as "mobile"...
    06-25-10 11:40 PM
    Pff its a bug.. .591 is a crappy OS with lots of bugs. So much for sticking with an official OS. before you instal a leaked OS read the comments on bugs etc, and if these are minimal ur save to go.
    06-26-10 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD