I've just become soooo caught up in this PHONE!

But for someone looking forward to it sooooo much... how bad would it be if you walk into verizon and they're all sold out?

So is there any way to pre-order this phone... you know.. like what people do with video games and stuff, put a set price down on it, and automatically have a phone no matter how many people walk in the day that the phone is actually released?
    05-19-09 11:27 PM
    Thatll be up to Big Red. If they slip up like TMO did with the 8900, you might be able to phone order it early as a "business" account. But if it is like the Storm, better be in line early cause there'll be 5 at your local store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:33 PM
    Well I'm sure they might sell out! I wouldn't be suprised at all! Lol but to per order I'm not sure I know with the storm you could per order it from best buy I think they said!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:35 PM
    I've just become soooo caught up in this PHONE!

But for someone looking forward to it sooooo much... how bad would it be if you walk into verizon and they're all sold out?

So is there any way to pre-order this phone... you know.. like what people do with video games and stuff, put a set price down on it, and automatically have a phone no matter how many people walk in the day that the phone is actually released?

Slim to no chance that there will be preorders. They didn't do pre-orders on the storm and that thing was hyped beyond belief. If you want to guarantee it be the first person at the door at the day of release.

I dont think there will be lines but you never know. I will be over there 4-5 hours early haha
    05-19-09 11:40 PM
    ONLY 5!?!?!?!? What are they thinking!?!?!? I would say that i'm screwed... I like to sleep in... no matter what the occasion is... UGH! What a pain.
    05-19-09 11:41 PM
    ONLY 5!?!?!?!? What are they thinking!?!?!? I would say that i'm screwed... I like to sleep in... no matter what the occasion is... UGH! What a pain.
    Haha you and me both sleeping in rocks!! I'll probably be there too since I waited 5 hours just to get a preorder for a wii lol and it rocks that I'm not contracted with at&t so I could move over to verizon for this baby
    05-20-09 12:48 AM
    .... I don't think you'll see this phone "selling out" at your local stores.
    05-20-09 12:51 AM
    .... I don't think you'll see this phone "selling out" at your local stores.

Your probably correct but I would be at home not being able to sleep anyway so I might as well hang out haha
    05-20-09 01:21 AM
    yeah no such thing as pre ordering phones...

I stood in lin for 4 hours in 10 degree weather when the storm came out! I got the last storm that the store had and there was only 7 of them there.... I expect the stores to only carry a handful of Tours if that when the phones comes out, just like they did with the storms.....I'll be the first one in line hopfully when the Tour comes out
    05-20-09 06:45 AM
    It really all depends on what type and how much marketing and advertising they put behind the device. If they hype it as much as they did with the Storm then you may see long lines and/or sold out stores just like they had with the Storm. I think that the Storm was both Verizon's and Blackberry's first really marketing push for a single smartphone. It worked and they sold a ton of them in a very short period of time. Since they had so much success with that, they might try and do it again.

Anyway, the key to getting stuff like this is to find the out of the way store. On the day of the Storm release I walked into a Verizon store in a mall around lunch time and the guy had 4 phones sitting behind the counter. He told me that I was the first person to even ask about it. One of my buddies that just couldn't stand the idea of waiting in line actually payed a Verizon CSR to hold one for him until he came in to get it. It worked and he got the last storm in the store about 4 hours after they had "sold out".
    05-20-09 08:29 AM
    I really hope that they dont do toooo much advertisement on this phone... Or at least until I make my purchase..
    05-20-09 05:02 PM
    I really hope that they dont do toooo much advertisement on this phone... Or at least until I make my purchase..

hahaaahahah

I really did laugh when I read this...

truth is even with the storm people were finding them places within just a few weeks after launch.

They seemed to be completely gone and people were disappointing. I think if a person trys hard enough they will get one.
    05-20-09 05:18 PM
    Well believe me I NEED A NEW PHONE! I've had this 4 year old razr because my other phone got water damaged and it was TOOO expensive to buy a new one without a contract rebate, so I reverted back to my old phone.

... The battery doesnt even last a full 6 hours when seldomly being used, I just dont want to buy a new battery if im getting rid of the phone soon... Call quality is god awful... Texting is a pain... the list goes on and on and on and on...

Just 2 more months.. RIM DONT LET ME DOWN!!
    05-20-09 05:54 PM
    I hope this phone does well for RIM. After what we have been told by Crucial Xtreme, it is pretty much established that a lot of work has gone into this phone so that the bugs are minimized at launch and thus will not have the problems that the Storm did. As such, I would imagine that this phone will be a good, reliable phone and should sell well for Verizon/Rim during an extended period - perhaps similar to that of the 8330. However, that said, although many of us members are very excited about this phone, I do not believe that there will be a "mad rush" to verizon stores like when the Storm came out. Another point that should be made is that there was a mad rush for the Storm in part because this was the first Blackberry with a touchscreen - which was revolutionary for RIM. Given that the 9630 is essentially in similar form to the standard blackberry form (i.e. full QWERTY with half screen, no touch screen), the 9630 is not a revolutionary device - just a dang good one that is up-to-date.
    05-20-09 06:02 PM
    I sure do hope you are right BBZAX
    05-20-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD