I have been a loyal Verizon customer for over a decade and 98% of the time have upgraded/replaced all my devices through a Verizon rep or a corporate store.

I have seen that you can pre-order the Tour at a Best Buy and definately get it on Sunday. So I am thinking about taking that route, is there any reason not to go through Best Buy to get my new Tour?
    07-08-09 08:43 AM
    I have been a loyal Verizon customer for over a decade and 98% of the time have upgraded/replaced all my devices through a Verizon rep or a corporate store.

I have seen that you can pre-order the Tour at a Best Buy and definately get it on Sunday. So I am thinking about taking that route, is there any reason not to go through Best Buy to get my new Tour?
    I purchased my storm from Best Buy and I can tell you there is no reason not to buy it there. I had screen issues with my storm, I called Verizon and they treated me as if I purchased my phone from a corp store.
    07-08-09 09:00 AM
    from personal experience in my store, if you buy one from a third party, the 1 year warranty may not be covered in a VZW corp store...meaning you need to file with that third party or RIM themselves.

this is up to a manager, and mine will not replace a device unless purchased from VZW
    07-08-09 09:13 AM
    When you buy a phone from Best Buy such as the tour, do you have to get a new contract or can you just buy the phone ?
    07-08-09 11:15 AM
    I have had that at a Store in the past, but when I called the corporate they said it wasn't legal on the local stores part.

from personal experience in my store, if you buy one from a third party, the 1 year warranty may not be covered in a VZW corp store...meaning you need to file with that third party or RIM themselves.

this is up to a manager, and mine will not replace a device unless purchased from VZW
    07-08-09 11:57 AM
    If you buy a phone from a friend or ebay, they dont have to honor the waranty in the Verizon store, since there is no way to know the condition of the phone before it ended up in your hands.

When you buy a phone at BestBuy, or any other Verizon Authorized Retailer, you can most definitley take it to a VZW corporate store for service. That is one of the reasons behind Verizon having the term "Authorized Retailer".
    07-08-09 12:02 PM
    When you buy a phone from Best Buy such as the tour, do you have to get a new contract or can you just buy the phone ?
    You can just buy the phone upright with no contract renewal but you will pay full price for the phone. Which is something like 470.00 . If you get it with a new two year contract then it is 199.99 after rebate.
    07-08-09 12:07 PM
    Just placed my preorder for the Verizon BlackBerry Tour at my local Best Buy here in Cambridge, MA (CambridgeSide Galleria Mall). I was number one on their list. They are only getting 4 and I am number one. Paid my $ 50 deposit (gift card). I will be paying full retail for it because I'm not eligible for any discounts, and when I asked the rep how much the full retail was, they quoted me $ 600! Verizon is selling the phone full retail for $ 489! Is the $ 600 just a placeholder at Best Buy Mobile? How much will Best Buy charge me for full retail for this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    07-08-09 12:12 PM
    You can just buy the phone upright with no contract renewal but you will pay full price for the phone. Which is something like 470.00 . If you get it with a new two year contract then it is 199.99 after rebate.

Not sure what I am going to do at this point, I am only 7 months into this current 2 year contract with Alltel, I am not sure I am ready to go with Verison
    07-08-09 12:17 PM
    Just placed my preorder for the Verizon BlackBerry Tour at my local Best Buy here in Cambridge, MA (CambridgeSide Galleria Mall). I was number one on their list. They are only getting 4 and I am number one. Paid my $ 50 deposit (gift card). I will be paying full retail for it because I'm not eligible for any discounts, and when I asked the rep how much the full retail was, they quoted me $ 600! Verizon is selling the phone full retail for $ 489! Is the $ 600 just a placeholder at Best Buy Mobile? How much will Best Buy charge me for full retail for this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I know that within the last 6 months, Best Buy had a rediculous price on the Curve 8330 for the retail. Want to say $749 or something like that. Would definately not pay "retail" at Best Buy
    07-08-09 12:32 PM

If its an authorized 3rd party, it would be illegal for Verizon to refuse services. He is in direct violation with the warranty policy verizon has.

If the phone was bought on ebay that is one thing, but if the phone is bought from an authorized rep (meaning verizon has deemed them acceptable to sell their product) they must be willing to take that inventory back upon defect.

I dealt with three store managers with that mentality. Upon reporting, all three were removed.
    07-08-09 01:11 PM
    do they let you use your ne2 there?
    07-08-09 01:13 PM

If its an authorized 3rd party, it would be illegal for Verizon to refuse services. He is in direct violation with the warranty policy verizon has.

If the phone was bought on ebay that is one thing, but if the phone is bought from an authorized rep (meaning verizon has deemed them acceptable to sell their product) they must be willing to take that inventory back upon defect.

I dealt with three store managers with that mentality. Upon reporting, all three were removed. Would you be willing to give up which store you are talking about and the managers name?

I have had that at a Store in the past, but when I called the corporate they said it wasn't legal on the local stores part.
    You are 100% correct. It is highly illegal and can lead to legal action on the consumers part.
    07-08-09 01:13 PM
    Does anyone have the sku for the bb tour 9630? I could look it up in RSS and look at store information for some people....
    07-08-09 01:17 PM
    Best Buy does charge a TON more for full retail on a phone...but remember...if you ask, they price match! Bring a print out of the month to month price on VZW's website of the Tour. They SHOULD honor that price.
    07-08-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD