For working to clear up all the redundant trackball, greendots, omg got my replacent clutter that is so prevalent in here. Seriously I know I speak for a lot of people.

We REALLY appreciate it...

Thank you again.
    08-28-09 03:45 PM
    yeah... but dont just lock the threads... .delete em...
    08-28-09 03:48 PM
    yeah... but dont just lock the threads... .delete em...
    beggars can't be choosers : ) but no worries they will get buried in a day or 2
    08-28-09 03:50 PM
    I wish I could come up with a way to make it better.. because consolidating problems into 1 huge thread doesn't seem like the proper answer all the time either because it makes it harder to help people if they have a legitimate problem and also if someone does actually use the search function then that thread may come up and most people wont have the patients to look through it?

just a thought
    08-28-09 03:58 PM
    I agree noaim but there are too many of them. Everyday 2-3 new threads are popping up about the trackball or somebody's new Tour or this batch and that batch, the green dots lol. It's just out of control.

Good threads with useful info are getting buried. Somebody needed to tend to the garden because the weeds were growing out of control.
    08-28-09 04:17 PM
    I think sub forums are the answer. This has been discussed in other threads. The Storm forum is managed with sub forums, and I think this forum would also benefit from this approach. My 2 cents.
    08-28-09 04:24 PM
    I think sub forums are the answer. This has been discussed in other threads. The Storm forum is managed with sub forums, and I think this forum would also benefit from this approach. My 2 cents.
    Good call. With growth comes the need for more organization and I think the Tour forum is fast approaching the point where sub forums are a necessity.
    08-28-09 04:29 PM
    instead of a Rants and Raves we will have Trackballs and Greendots : )
    08-28-09 04:39 PM
    I love you yester18..
    08-28-09 05:19 PM
    +1 on the sub forums
    08-28-09 05:21 PM
    I agree noaim but there are too many of them. Everyday 2-3 new threads are popping up about the trackball or somebody's new Tour or this batch and that batch, the green dots lol. It's just out of control.

Good threads with useful info are getting buried. Somebody needed to tend to the garden because the weeds were growing out of control.
    AMEN... I agree with you 100% but it will never stop because too many people feel it is easier to start a redundant thread then search for what is already here.
    08-28-09 07:41 PM
    AMEN... I agree with you 100% but it will never stop because too many people feel it is easier to start a redundant thread then search for what is already here.
    And now when people who have a question they will find locked threads so they will start a new one to ask a question if the locked ones don't answer it.
    08-28-09 09:18 PM
    He's a GREAT mod, ain't he? The rest of us help a little too.
    08-28-09 09:45 PM
    lol i was gonna say there are a lot of you Mod guys out there, its not just one mod that cleans up everything. I see you more on a every day basis in all kinds of fourms on here cleaning things up and responding to questions.... i think all the mods on here do a really good job at keeping this fourm together and under control considering how big this fourm is.

its not just Yester18 thats helping out, its also a lot of other mods that also do a lot as well.
    08-28-09 10:00 PM
    Well then thanks to all the mods keep up the great work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 10:06 PM
    ahh mr cable...in all seriousness I find you a GREAT mod. Sense of humor and a fine gentleman : )

Im surprised Yester beat you to this...lol
    08-28-09 10:08 PM

your a good mod too

none the less I think we all appreciate mods
    08-28-09 10:44 PM
    I just wish we could stop the behavior in the first place. Tonight it's .191 leak threads, and I see yester is on them too.

08-29-09 03:58 AM
    I just wish we could stop the behavior in the first place. Tonight it's .191 leak threads, and I see yester is on them too.

Yeah, can't wait for the flood of "I bricked my Tour" threads, or "this app isn't working. " Seriously though guys, incredible moderation work. It great to see active mods working to keep the forums clean.

08-29-09 08:49 AM
    Lol @ a thread about redundant threads to discuss redundant threads

08-29-09 08:50 AM
    Lol @ a thread about redundant threads to discuss redundant threads

I see you noticed all the posters came in here to discuss the redundant clutter rather than starting 75 other ones.

This is what's called common sense in the real world. : )

08-29-09 11:09 AM
    I used to own a Storm, and the best part of owning it was how the Storm forums page had the organized layout. If we had that, I don't think noobs would create so many redundant threads. It's probably because they are A. lazy, and B. threads get buried so quick here, they don't go back but a few pages until they assume oh, no one's made one, i'll do it!
    08-29-09 12:12 PM
    I used to own a Storm, and the best part of owning it was how the Storm forums page had the organized layout. If we had that, I don't think noobs would create so many redundant threads. It's probably because they are A. lazy, and B. threads get buried so quick here, they don't go back but a few pages until they assume oh, no one's made one, i'll do it!
    Ultimately it comes down to whether or not to search before posting, and generally, they choose not to.

08-29-09 11:03 PM
    I see you noticed all the posters came in here to discuss the redundant clutter rather than starting 75 other ones.

This is what's called common sense in the real world. : )

You mean I didn't have to start my own thread to thank yester? Everyone should create a new thread all their own to thank him!
    08-29-09 11:43 PM
    You mean I didn't have to start my own thread to thank yester? Everyone should create a new thread all their own to thank him!
    nice : ) that would send a message loud and clear.

08-30-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD