When you type the name of a contact and hit menu key to send an sms text it brings you to email not text screen. When u go into text it shows the name of the contact you were trying to text. Is this a known bug with 5.0?

Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 08:38 AM
    To send an SMS with 5.0, I've found that you have to go into messaging, hit the BB key to bring up the menu and select "compose SMS text." That takes you to a "to" window where you then type your recipients (as many as you'd like, which is pretty nice), hit enter and that takes you to the SMS compose screen for your text. If someone replies to that thread, the input text line automatically appears at the bottom.

I'm thinking that this could perhaps be something they didn't fully implement in the leaked builds. However, the option to input multiple recipients (or a phone number directly in case you don't have that number assigned to a contact already) is something I like, so I sort of hope they keep it this way.
    11-08-09 02:54 PM
    If you do the process a second time it will work.

Attempt to send a txt message, the emails will pop up. Close that, and your back to your contact, scroll up then down to open their #'s, select the number and then compose txt.
    11-08-09 04:32 PM
    Sounds like your message folder is set to sms/mms and email combined. Mine acted like that when the message folder was set to combined. Set them to seperate and I get sms options pretty much like they were in 4.7
    11-08-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD