Is anyone else annoyed that you can't set the Tour to sound alerts multiple times like you could on the Curve? If you can actually set the alert to sound more than once, can someone please fill me in? I know it's an odd feature to miss, but I do!!!
    08-04-09 11:53 PM
    Definitely. Hopefully there will be a fix for this.
    08-05-09 05:57 AM
    i was going to to say the same thing. what i did was make the ringtone longer..
    08-05-09 07:03 AM
    OK, you mean there isn't any way to make the text alert go off periodically until the user acknowledges the signal? This is a real problem for me, maybe even a deal breaker!

I have my Tour for about a week now. And I a newbie to this forum.

One should have to check the phone screen to know whether there is a new text message or not!
    08-16-09 02:02 PM
    Definitely. Hopefully there will be a fix for this.
    Also agreed.
    08-16-09 02:32 PM
    You could create your own ringtone that has multiple tones in it, my brother uses like a 30 second tone for texts.
    08-16-09 02:36 PM
    For now the best bet is to create longer ringtones
    08-16-09 02:58 PM
    This is my first BB... is the single text notification unique to the Tour or is this the way of the BB in general?
    08-16-09 03:20 PM
    why would you want the text alerts to be repeat like a phone call? i check my status light whether something is waiting for me or not...
    08-16-09 05:40 PM
    08-16-09 06:21 PM
    why would you want the text alerts to be repeat like a phone call? i check my status light whether something is waiting for me or not...
    I don't want text messages to keep ringing like a phone call... but a short chirp every couple of minutes to let me know there is a text message would be helpful. And that is how every phone I have ever had handled text messages and missed calls until this one!

Why should I have to check my phone screen whenever I have been away from my phone to see if I have missed the one and only signal that it will give me for an incoming text? I'm sorry, but that is sad. And a big step backward!
    08-16-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD