With the telus price released yesterday I was wondering...does vzw usually have the same prices, more expensive, or cheaper?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 06:29 AM
    theyre basically the same company w/ the same technology. just like the similarity between rogers wireless and att. theyre prices should be very similar.
    06-17-09 06:42 AM
    With the telus price released yesterday I was wondering...does vzw usually have the same prices, more expensive, or cheaper?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well... if you look Telus has the Storm right now for $599 and VZW has it for $499 so... hard to say!
    06-17-09 06:44 AM
    If Verizon's prices are going to be exactly the same as Telus' prices, then I think that would hurt Verizon's sales overall as I think Telus' prices are too high. Then again, I think that Telus is a Canadian company so perhaps with the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the U.S. dollar should make a difference, with the actual Verizon/U.S. prices being somewhat less.
    Last edited by BBZAX; 06-17-09 at 06:48 AM.
    06-17-09 06:45 AM
    If Verizon's prices are going to be exactly the same as Telus' prices, then I think that would hurt Verizon's sales overall as I think Telus' prices are too high. Then again, I think that Telus is a Canadian company so perhaps with the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the U.S. dollar should make a difference, with the actual Verizon/U.S. prices being somewhat less.
    That's exactly right. I have lived in both canada and the US and have found that with exchange rates considered, the prices are equivalent.
    06-17-09 06:50 AM
    Well... if you look Telus has the Storm right now for $599 and VZW has it for $499 so... hard to say!
    They are relatively similar. With the exchange rate (.88 Canadian to 1 US Dollar) it would price the Telus' Storm at around $525 in terms of US Dollars. So Verizon seems to be a tad cheaper, but not by much.
    06-17-09 07:00 AM
    Verizon is 2 year deals, also.
    06-17-09 09:55 PM
    All Canadian carriers generally charge more (both in plan and handset price) in comparison to their American counterparts.
    06-17-09 11:07 PM
    theyre basically the same company w/ the same technology. just like the similarity between rogers wireless and att. theyre prices should be very similar.

this is not true..

telus is a canada company there for the dollar is worth less and also there current prices are way higher then verizon's on all the same phones just about..
    06-18-09 01:12 AM
    Verizon also buys probably 10x as many phones as Telus. 35 million people in Canada, 350 million in USA. Telus has I think 5 million customers? Maybe even way less.

How many does Verizon have? 100 mil? That means where Telus might buy say 1000 Tour's, Verizon will probably buy 1,000,000 meaning they get a way better price.

Of course that doesn't mean they will sell it back to the customer for cheaper, but it means they can afford to sell it back to the customer for a cheaper price.

I also could have sworn that the company that owned Verizon, also owned part of Telus, but I can't seem to find proof of either of those, and I can't remember where I heard that.
    06-18-09 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD