So since we know most likely a Canadian carrier is going to be getting the Tour sometime this month if you're not due for an upgrade on Verizon is there any point in waiting to get a VZW branded Tour? Or could I just order a Telus/Bell Tour, unlock it, and activate it with VZW before they release their version? I'm definitely buying it at retail price with VZW, but do you think a Canadian carrier will offer it cheaper or more expensive? Any input is definitely appreciated.
    06-05-09 05:27 PM
    So since we know most likely a Canadian carrier is going to be getting the Tour sometime this month if you're not due for an upgrade on Verizon is there any point in waiting to get a VZW branded Tour? Or could I just order a Telus/Bell Tour, unlock it, and activate it with VZW before they release their version? I'm definitely buying it at retail price with VZW, but do you think a Canadian carrier will offer it cheaper or more expensive? Any input is definitely appreciated.
    I am not sure if this is the best way to do it right off the bat...

Its kind of risky unless you want to test it out for us

I don't think sprint phones run on VZW network so I donno.
    06-05-09 05:29 PM
    Yea, my Storm is my first BB and that was back in March so I'm not exactly a BB expert by any means but I've learned my fair share just browsing the forums for the past few months. I know you can unlock GSM phones and go between networks on them, just not sure about CDMA phones. I came across some unexpected money today so I'm really eager to get my Tour now instead of trying to find the money here and there. Hopefully someone knows if you can use unlock a Telus/Bell phone for Verizon though seeing as the $600 CAD is about $535 USD right now.
    Last edited by crmx913; 06-05-09 at 05:42 PM.
    06-05-09 05:36 PM
    don't forget buying it in Canada you'll be subject to 13% in sales tax so add 13% to the phone before you do your comparison.
    06-05-09 06:25 PM
    you cant unlock a cdma device and use it on another carrier, because it wont be on verizons system or any other system for that matter
    06-05-09 10:48 PM
    The esn won't be in Verizons database, so it will be a no go. Don't waste your money just to get it a month sooner. I'm just as impatient as the rest of you
    06-05-09 10:56 PM
    Dang, was hoping that would work haha. Good to know though, thanks for the info guys.
    06-05-09 11:32 PM
    The esn won't be in Verizons database, so it will be a no go. Don't waste your money just to get it a month sooner. I'm just as impatient as the rest of you
    I agree with being impatient. I'm sitting on ready for these things to launch...
    06-06-09 12:01 AM
    Thats why you need to get the unbranded ones... Right!?
    06-06-09 12:31 PM
    I agree with being impatient. I'm sitting on ready for these things to launch...

well you never got a storm to tide you over.. so I really hear your pain

hopefully soon my friend hopefully soon..
    06-06-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD