While I patiently wait for the Tour, I don't know which carrier to go with. I am currently on Bell (month to month). Any advice as to which carrier I should go with.
    It seems Telus will get the Tour first, but if Bell is a better way to go, I would most definitely wait.

Your thoughts?
    06-23-09 03:53 PM
    it really depends on your area..

I am in the us so I have no clue about either carrier your interested in.

However you should talk around to people you know there and find out who really has good service..

also look at the coverage maps and see how they look for where you go..

both those companys could be better in different places so people from around the globe may not be able to tell you whats better in your area
    06-23-09 03:55 PM
    Bell. I've had the most horrible network issues with Telus. EVEN when I am in a major City Centre.

I'm going to jump to Bell, but I am also going to get another Bold with Rogers. By far, the most reliable network as far as my own experience goes.

I've heard however, that Telus is a much different story out West. I'm currently on the east side of the country.
    06-23-09 04:03 PM
    I'm in Kitchener/Waterloo in Ontario and I've been with Telus for about a year and a half. I've always had great reception and I've found their customer service to be excellent. I have no hesitation recommending Telus. Maybe I'm just in a good spot.
    06-23-09 04:15 PM
    Before this can Be Answered Properly you have to tell us Where you are

I travel All of Ontario regularly and the only phone company I have had success with has been Bell, I hate them as a company, BUT they do give me the best Service,

I would have jumped ship for a Bold if Rogers could do it for me, and my buddy who switched to Telus from Bell and if he could go back with out penalty he would, they just are not as reliable out side of the city's as Bell in Eastern Canada,

I know I had some spotty coverage in Northern Saskatchewan, that I am told Telus doesn't have issues with, but that is the only time I've come across someone saying Telus is better than Bell.

ALSO we should compare Plans, see who offers the Best Plan for your needs.
    06-23-09 06:53 PM
    Here are the BELL Smartphone Rate plans,

they look stupid as PDF but I can't make a word file small enough to upload smallest I can make is 21.4k and the max is around 19k
    06-23-09 08:52 PM
    Before this can Be Answered Properly you have to tell us Where you are

I travel All of Ontario regularly and the only phone company I have had success with has been Bell, I hate them as a company, BUT they do give me the best Service,

I would have jumped ship for a Bold if Rogers could do it for me, and my buddy who switched to Telus from Bell and if he could go back with out penalty he would, they just are not as reliable out side of the city's as Bell in Eastern Canada,

I know I had some spotty coverage in Northern Saskatchewan, that I am told Telus doesn't have issues with, but that is the only time I've come across someone saying Telus is better than Bell.

ALSO we should compare Plans, see who offers the Best Plan for your needs.
    I live in the GTA, Mississauga to be exact.
    06-23-09 09:03 PM
    bell is by far the worst company, when i was with them i had nothing but problems, i could be under one of their towers and i only got 1 bar with my phone, then i got switched to telus and i am so much happier, i get much better reception with telus ( even though they use the same towers, i kno its weird but i do) also i like the plans much more on telus.

verdict is TELUS!!!
    06-23-09 09:07 PM
    I live in the GTA, Mississauga to be exact.
    Great city to live in. .

and go with Telus. Bell is just terrible.
    06-23-09 09:29 PM
    bell is by far the worst company, when i was with them i had nothing but problems, i could be under one of their towers and i only got 1 bar with my phone, then i got switched to telus and i am so much happier, i get much better reception with telus ( even though they use the same towers, i kno its weird but i do) also i like the plans much more on telus.

verdict is TELUS!!!

Did you also Switch Phones?
    I find the ONLY place in Ontario that Telus is better than bell is on Lake Simcoe.

I run 2 Bell Phones now and my BBCurve gets Better reception then my HTC Touch by far when I am in Northern Ontario, unless you are comparing apples to apples you can't be sure it wasn't your phone before your provider,

that being said in Mississauga you should be solid with either company, I spent today in Mississauga and had no signal issues both on the streets, nor in the buildings with my Bell, I'd assume Telus to be the same
    06-23-09 10:09 PM
    Here are the BELL Smartphone Rate plans,

they look stupid as PDF but I can't make a word file small enough to upload smallest I can make is 21.4k and the max is around 19k
    I forgot to thank you for the .pdf.
    I want the unlimited data, but 70.00 ( before SAF and taxes) is kind of steep.
    06-24-09 10:09 AM
    I would think Bell woud have a better network, I've heard how Telus' has spotty coverage across the country.

I personally am with MTS, don't really plan on switching unless I move out of Manitoba.
    06-24-09 10:48 AM
    I live in Toronto, work in Oakville. I have VERY few dropped calls with Telus.
    My wife raves about Bell.

There are so many towers in the GTA I don't think it matters. If you don't go out of town much, go with whoever has the best plan for your needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 12:40 PM
    I have telus and also live in mississauga and prefer telus over bell. I barely call customer service so dropped calls and overall service is far more important to me which I don't have ever with telus

06-24-09 12:57 PM
    I went with Telus just because I have a strong dislike for Bell. I was with Rogers but moved to an area where Rogers service was unavailable. I bought a HTC diamond on contract and it did not work in my house either. My wife had a Curve on Bell from her work and it worked perfect. I called Telus and they were very helpful but nothing made my HTC better. I sold it, bought a Pearl and got perfect stability. Bell and Telus share towers and in theory they should have the same quality of coverage. Get a BB on Telus... they are less evil and the phone is great.
    06-24-09 01:08 PM
    I am in BC and I have never had issues with Telus network is way faster than Bell or Rogers. I would never switch carriers. But to answer your question IMHO stick with the company you are. Clients get rewarded for their loyalty.
    06-24-09 01:16 PM
    I am in BC and I have never had issues with Telus network is way faster than Bell or Rogers. I would never switch carriers. But to answer your question IMHO stick with the company you are. Clients get rewarded for their loyalty.

Yep. I am now 10 years with Telus because they treat me well.

If they start offering home internet via LTE next year, its bye bye Rogers.

06-24-09 03:28 PM
    Bell and Telus share the same towers...
    06-24-09 04:41 PM
    While I patiently wait for the Tour, I don't know which carrier to go with. I am currently on Bell (month to month). Any advice as to which carrier I should go with.
    It seems Telus will get the Tour first, but if Bell is a better way to go, I would most definitely wait.

Your thoughts?
    My spouse and I have been with BELL Mobility for many years. The CSRs have always been courteous and helpful. BELL has even cut us some slack when we needed extra time to make our monthly payment. Just make sure that you keep them informed if you are going to be late.

So based on my experience, I recommend that you stay with BELL.

As far as Telus getting the BB Tour before BELL , based on the release of previous BlackBerry models, for example, the BB 8330 Curve which was released about 1 week before Telus, I will go out on a limb and say BELL will be releasing it ahead of Telus.

- CB
    06-24-09 05:40 PM
    I live in Toronto, work in Oakville. I have VERY few dropped calls with Telus.
    My wife raves about Bell.

Town Hall, ?
    06-25-09 05:57 PM
    Bell and Telus share the same towers...
    Are you on crack? Bell has its own tower and so does Telus. I work at Telephone Booth which carries all 5 networks, Bell, Rogers, Fido, Virgin, and Solo.

Telus is a terrible company and I have switch so many telus customers to either Rogers or Bell.

I recommend Bell because it has the fastest average 3G speed versus any carriers in Canada. Also as a Wireless Consultant for Bell Mobility, Bell is switching to GSM which will allow them to carry Iphones, same with Telus. However, Rogers and Telus uses edge except for the Iphone.

If you are going for the Blackberry, I strongly recommend Bell.

I am not bias as you can see that I represent all 5 carriers. It is just based on your needs.
    06-29-09 01:02 PM
    Are you on crack? Bell has its own tower and so does Telus. I work at Telephone Booth which carries all 5 networks, Bell, Rogers, Fido, Virgin, and Solo.

Telus is a terrible company and I have switch so many telus customers to either Rogers or Bell.

I recommend Bell because it has the fastest average 3G speed versus any carriers in Canada. Also as a Wireless Consultant for Bell Mobility, Bell is switching to GSM which will allow them to carry Iphones, same with Telus. However, Rogers and Telus uses edge except for the Iphone.

If you are going for the Blackberry, I strongly recommend Bell.

I am not bias as you can see that I represent all 5 carriers. It is just based on your needs.
    Did I read that correctly? You are a consultant for Bell mobility, but you have no bias?

06-29-09 01:29 PM
    Did I read that correctly? You are a consultant for Bell mobility, but you have no bias?

hehehe

He is a consultant for all of the National Canadian Carriers
    06-29-09 01:37 PM
    Last fall I was going to go with Rogers as I was fed up with Bell's phones.
    I was in a Bell contract so I decided to stick it out until my contract expired.

When my contract ended I called Bell to cancel my account. The voice/data package Bell came back with was awesome. So good in fact that Bell wouldn't email or fax my it to me..its on my file with them as I wasn't ready to accept the deal until the pre/tour came out.

Stick with Bell.

Give them a call and see what happens.
    06-29-09 02:08 PM
    Thank you all for the responses, very informative, and well thought out answers.
    06-29-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD