I'm coming to the Tour from a Moto RAZR (I know, right?) and so far, it is obviously an upgrade in every way except one.

With the RAZR, there was a setting where you could make it sound a tone through the speakerphone when a telephone connection was initiated. In other words, you would place a call and then once the connection with the network was active, it would sound a tone and you could put the phone to your ear. This saves the difficulty of knowing whether your call was actually dialing or if you were still waiting for a connection to the network or whatever.

I can't find a similar setting with the Tour. You can dial a call and watch the display to see if the call connects but, by the time you get the phone to your ear after waiting for the indication from the display, the call will already be ringing or the voice mail might already have started playing.

So, long story short, is there a setting where I can make the Tour sound a
    tone once the call is connected? If not, is there an app that will do this?

Thanks,
    Richard
    11-03-09 05:53 PM
    to answer your questions: no, and no

I know of one app that vibrates the phone slightly if the call is dropped, but none that notifies you when the call is connected. You may want to search for yourself though.
    11-03-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD