When I set up BIS, I arranged for my verizon.net email to route to my BB Tour. The email also appears on my desktop Outlook client.

However, the vzw.blackberry.net email only shows up on my BB, not Outlook. I assume I would need to configure Outlook with POP3 settings, which probably would screw things up.

So, is there anyway to see your vzw.blackberry.net email from a desktop, either in Outlook or using a browser?

Thanks!
    07-30-09 07:00 PM
    I believe the carrier-provided email (BIS blackberry.net) is BB only and does not have the capability to be POP3 or IMAP accessible.
    07-30-09 07:34 PM
    If their is a way I haven't been able to figure it out either.
    07-30-09 07:37 PM
    A couple of years ago RIM had a web based interface for BIS email accounts. You could view, delete etc. They took it away, I assume for storage and overhead issues. It used to be once you got a BIS email it would stay on the server until you deleted it and you had the option of leaving it on the BIS server etc. It would seem to make sense though, Yahoo, Gmail etc were offering gigs of storage and RIM had a paltry 20MBs or whatever (it matched the BlackBerry device limit)

Since then, there's no way to access your BIS emails (i.e. @vzw.blackberry.net, @att.blackberry.net etc.) from anywhere but your BlackBerry.

What I do is I have copies of my emails to my work account auto forwarded to my BIS account. That way they show up in both Outlook and on my BBerry. I never use my BIS account directly (other than for testing)
    07-30-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD