Probably a novice question. I have had the Tour for under a week, and am coming off of an HP PDA. I liked the folder/file syncing on the PDA, but am not sure how to do it with the Tour.

Are you using BB desktop manager? If so, how do I sync files (such as excel, PP, word, pics, etc)? I only see calendar, memopad, address book and tasks as available sync options.

THANKS!
    10-11-09 09:15 AM
    Did you get an answer for this question? Im also struggling with the BB desktop manager in ability to sync excel and word files.
    10-16-09 01:00 PM
    .....such as excel, PP, word, pics, etc)? I only see calendar, memopad, address book and tasks as available sync options.

THANKS!
    The only way I know of to sync excel, PP, word, pics, etc is manually after you plug your device in to your PC via USB cable you will be able to access the desired files through My Computer. I think there is third party software that will sync a flash, SD, etc. drives.
    10-16-09 01:08 PM
    I have never seen an option to sync any type of folders on the device with folders on your computer. You would have do that manually using Media Manager from within the desktop manager or you could Enable Mass Storage mode and transfer them via Windows Explorer.

I am unaware of a 3rd party app that would do this either.
    10-16-09 01:13 PM
    I did a quick google search and I came up with some possible options for you, Well at least its a little interesting reading anyway.

Allway Sync: Free File Synchronization, Backup, Data Replication, PC Sync Software, Freeware, File Sync, Data Synchronization Software

The Wonderful World of Mizzike: How to sync your flash drive with your computer

Use Windows Briefcase to sync to a USB flash drive

You should be able to treat the SD Card in your device just like a flash drive when the mass storage option is enabled.
    10-16-09 01:15 PM
    11-12-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD