I get this error when I try to sync my tour to my PC:

Error code 0x80040bf3
    Check documentation

I searched crackberry and found nothing. I also searched the desktop manager help for this and came up with nothing.

Can anyone assist?
    12-06-09 04:05 PM
    what are you syncing too?
    12-06-09 04:09 PM
    are you trying to sync to outlook? mac? pc? most time you recieves error like this if you watch the screen you will see where the error occurs ie. calender or contacts. let me know thanks
    12-06-09 04:11 PM
    to outlook, and the contacts are triggering the error. I tried to reset config, but it didnt help.
    12-06-09 04:15 PM
    is this someones PIN?

80040bf3
    12-06-09 04:23 PM
    gr8. is that a pin#
    12-06-09 04:26 PM
    its an error code, not a pin.
    12-06-09 04:28 PM
    What verison of Outlook?
    What version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager?
    What OS on the computer?
    12-06-09 04:47 PM
    It is not a pin number. If your problem is the same one that I had then this is what needs to be done.

Open your outlook,, then your address book..

Click file- export- other address book - text file comma separated values.
    Give it a name and pick a spot to save it like your desktop..

Hit next and click on every box that shows up,, ie name nick name home number address etc etc. Then next. It will export it to where you told it to.

Then click file- export- address book (wab) and save it to your desktop also. It will not give you a choice to check all the boxes this way but its not important. This is a precaution so if what you do next gets messed up your original .wab is saved and intact and can be imported..

After you have saved both, delete all your contacts in your address book in outlook..

Close outlook and re open it, open your address book and verify that you have no contacts. If its empty click file- import-other address book- text file (comma separated values) and point it to the .csv file you saved. (not the wab one. The .csv one is the one you want.

This brings back all your contacts that you backed up. What possibly happened was even tho your address book was intact, it may have been corrupt. I had this issue and after an hour long call to a tech at RIM, this is what we did to rebuild the address book file...

Keep in mind this may not be the same problem you are having but it wont hurt anything as long as you export it as .csv and then import back the .csv file.. Also your outlook may be a little different so just figure out how to export as .csv and then delete all contacts and import back the .csv file..

I hope this helps.
    12-06-09 04:50 PM
    Thanks for the detailed help. I will give it a try.
    12-06-09 05:54 PM
    not working. I cannot sync the calendar either. updating the desktop manager to 5.0.1. Dont know what to do from here.
    12-06-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD