I have a LG Voyager with a SD memory card with all my pictures and media on it. Will those pictures show up on the Tour if i just put the memory card in it?
    07-10-09 10:23 AM
    You might have to format it first, as the bb sets up folders on the card (documents, music, pictures, movies, etc) and all your things should go in the corresponding folder to show up in the media app (where you go to view pictures/songs/movies) there is an explore option in the menu where you can browse thru your media card, and it will recognize and read everything, i just dont know if they will show up in the media application if they arent in the PIctures folder.
    07-10-09 10:29 AM
    I don't think LG uses the same folder structure as Blackberry. You will probably have to format the card to use it in a Blackberry. You would be better off transferring the pictures to your PC formatting the card in the Blackberry and then transferring the pictures from the PC to the Blackberry.
    Even if the Blackberry is able to see the pictures on the card you won't be able to save anything else to the card until you format it.
    07-10-09 10:30 AM
    I switched from a Voyager to a Curve and lost everything on the card by just puting it in.

That is good advice above, save the card to your computer, format it in the Blackberry, then transfer the stuff over.
    07-10-09 10:34 AM
    so your saying you should leave everything on the dumbphone, put the card into the bb go to options explore, then put it back into your dumbphone and load all the pictures and videos on? Can the Verizon store do this?
    07-10-09 10:37 AM
    This is what I would do, may not be the best solution, but it would work better than what I tried.

Save everything from the old phone to the card. Transfer the card to your computer. Save everything to your computer. Remove the card from your computer. Install it in the Blackberry and format the card. Connect the blackberry to your computer and send the saved stuff over.
    07-10-09 10:46 AM
    If the card is FAT32 formatted, you shouldn't need to format the card. That being said, it would probably be best to backup the card to your PC, format the card, put it in the blackberry and allow the phone to create the necessary directory structure then copy the data back into the proper places on the card.
    07-10-09 11:38 AM
    This is what I would do, may not be the best solution, but it would work better than what I tried.

Save everything from the old phone to the card. Transfer the card to your computer. Save everything to your computer. Remove the card from your computer. Install it in the Blackberry and format the card. Connect the blackberry to your computer and send the saved stuff over.
    This is exactly how i would do it! Nice and simple
    07-10-09 11:42 AM

This is exactly how i would do it! Nice and simple
    Second this. It's precisely how would go about it to make sure that everything is saved and will be transferred over.
    07-10-09 12:23 PM
    you should back everythign up, i had no problem using mine from my samsung alias, but its best to have a clean one

BTW the tour comes with a 2gb card in it already...
    Last edited by Teksu; 07-10-09 at 12:53 PM.
    07-10-09 12:51 PM
    will I be able to do this all on a Mac?
    07-10-09 12:54 PM
    only if your mac can "see" the memory card, either through a usb cable for the phone or a card reader. the best option may be to email the photos to yourself

Edit: spelling
    07-10-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD