Hello , i'm new to this forum, sorry if its in the wrong section .
    Uhm , i currently have a blackberry tour 9630 , and i have to change my plan to a non blackberry plan , because i have credits on my cellphone account , and i'd like the credits to last me till Christmas, (so i can buy a brand new blackberry, and have a good plan) , instead of till the end of september, because the blackberry plan comes up to 48$ , where a basic plan goes up to 28$ .
    Anyways, so i'm switching to a basic phone, more than likely an lg keybo .
    And i'd like to know if it was possible to transfer all my contacts, not-manually to the lg keybo ?
    If theres a way, please let me know
    07-21-10 06:39 PM
    If you have Verizon they have the Backup assistant program that will backup all your contacts and reload them on your new one when you get the backup assistant program on the new one.

If your on sprint, i have no idea, ive never used them
    07-21-10 07:32 PM
    No , i'm on telus. So i'm really clueless as to what i could do by myself ?
    07-22-10 01:04 AM
    Are you trying to be intelligent by using your "you're , and your " in correct context ?
    Please, stop, if you're going to help do so, otherwise , i don't want to keep checking my thread to see tips on grammar .
    07-22-10 11:41 AM
    Wow. Defensive. I was needling smroark.

Knowing which carrier you are with would help, as some use a SIM card, some don't. If, in fact, you do use a SIM card, slap it into the next phone and all of your contacts will be ready to move to the phone or access from the card.

Is that better?
    To be fair, THEY'RE just looking for some help and YOU'RE being a ******.
    07-22-10 01:00 PM
    I went from a Curve to a basic LG enV Touch. Drove me nuts - the contacts did not import clean, as the information was in the wrong spots.

I use mine for business, 738 contacts - need the accuracy of a BB - the LG couldn't hold all the info, so it deleted some of my contacts. Knew that because it deleted my Mom and g/f at the time. Touch wasn't a "bad" phone, but it was a basic phone and I couldn't get used to the wide keyboard or the ALT and SHIFT keys being opposite of the BB.

Switched back to the Tour after maybe six weeks, courtesy of VZW!
    07-22-10 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD