Hello everyone,

How easy is it to switch back and forth between a Verizon 9630 and a Verizon 9650? Can I simply load up my contacts on both devices and just switch the SIM card every time I feel like using the other? I'm thinking there's going to be conflict with keeping emails up to date when switching devices like that but figured I would ask here. Thanks.
    01-11-11 09:21 PM
    Sim card wont change anything.
    switching would be a 2 minute phone call with VZW
    01-11-11 09:32 PM
    Sim card wont change anything.
    switching would be a 2 minute phone call with VZW
    So is it safe to say that this is an easy task? I'm not going to be switching back and forth if it's going to be a hassle. Thanks.
    01-11-11 09:48 PM
    Here's what you have to do.

1. Log in to your MyVerizon account and activate the "new" device" on your account. (Alternately, you can call Customer Service and have them activate the device.)

2. On the newly activated device, dial *228 and select Option 1 to activate the device.

3. Log in to your BIS page and use the "Change Device" feature to active the "new" device on your BIS.

4. Use the "Device Switch Wizard" in BlackBerry Desktop Manager to load the data from the "old" device to the "new" device.

5. Repeat the process when you want to go back to the "old" device.
    Nojo73 likes this.
    01-12-11 06:16 AM
    Well once again MM hit it right on the head.

I would have adviced you to use DM the same as she did as well so you are on the right track and don't sweat it. Enjoy them both.
    01-13-11 07:55 PM
    Yeah I just got the 9650 today and everything went a lot smoother than I expected. I could not find the "update device" on MyVerizon so I searched the web a little more and found another thread of similar nature where they said that using MyVerizon wasn't necessary. So I just dialed *228 option 3 on the new device and I followed the directions and voila! Then changing devices on BIS and DM were a breeze!
    01-13-11 08:03 PM
    Lol, you're gonna be switching between the two? Why not just use the 9650, it's basically the 9630 improved.
    01-13-11 09:17 PM
    Well now that I've actually gotten my hands on the 9650, I probably won't be switching as often as I had originally thought, but I'll still probably use the 9630 as a 'beater' phone when I'm on camping/fishing trips.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 12:25 AM
    Gotcha. But if you get cell service where you fish and camp you need to find different fishing/camping grounds

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD