That's the thing, I've had sprint at my house for years and on top of that a pearl at my house for 2 years now and never had any issues. I don't think it's the carrier.

Sounds like you need to switch carriers to get a better signal.
    08-17-09 06:44 AM
    I had that issue with my pearl with sprint, they wanted to send me the airave and charge me for it. So I told them to keep it and i switched to VZW
    08-17-09 10:27 AM
    I can somewhat agree with the OP. My wife and I are new to Sprint and we just bought a Tour 9630 and a Curve 8330. Almost without fail the Curve will get a better signal everywhere over the Tour by one or two bars. Yes, one or two bars really isn't any big deal, but the problem is that the Tour is always switching over to roaming. I've yet to see the Curve switch to roaming once, but the Tour will do it several times a day. I'll be sitting in the living room looking up something online with the Tour when it will just stop working and wouldn't you know it, it switched to roaming (I have data when roaming disabled). So without getting up, I'll grab the Curve and finish whatever I was doing on it because it will still have two or three bars of 1XEV.

Yes, it is annoying. Am I getting rid of the Tour for a Curve? No. I really hope RIM will just send out an update to fix this issue. I thought about switching to the Curve but I just can't do it. The Tour's screen resolution alone keeps me from downgrading. Not to mention the speed, looks, memory, WAY better battery life (although I don't know if this is common), and much better camera - just name a few.

Come on RIM; give us that upgrade.
    08-17-09 10:54 AM
    I don't think its just a Sprint issue. My VZW Tour drops EVDO every so often and *228, batt pull, etc do not improve the issue.

I hope your Pearl works out for you.
    08-17-09 11:25 AM
    The signal issue falls back on the new MEID system. Neither sprint or vzw have changed their systems enough to fully support this device identification protocol. They tried to patch the system, but it did not work, and are working on a more permanent solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 11:50 AM
    Ah well that sucks.. Mines been awesome. Signal has been the same as my curve for the most part.. Only thing is bluetooth doesn't work that great
    08-17-09 12:12 PM
    So far I'm happy I'm not in your boat. I thought I had signal issues with the Tour cause I only have 1 bar in my house and my wife's curve's got 3 most of the time but when I stopped looking at the bars and just use the phone, I never drop calls or ever have a slow EVDO connection so I stopped worrying about it. Calls are clear and even my bluetooth connect holds in my enter house. Love the Tour, loved the Pre and thought I'd get it back in 6 months but now I don't think I'll leave blackberry again.
    08-17-09 12:19 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD