I currently switched back to my 8830 from the tour because I just missed it way too much. It just seems so much easier to type on and just seems so much more solid. Have I just grown too attached to this phone and now "over value" it or does anybody else like this phone. I guess I just like that this phone is bigger. with 4.5 now available I dont feel like I am missing much...am I?
    11-26-09 08:08 PM
    How long were you using the Tour for? Not crazy, but maybe you didn't give it enough time. I don't think I could ever switch back just because of the huge difference in the displays.
    11-26-09 08:20 PM
    I gave it a week....I wish Sprint would get a bigger version of the tour...I just like the feel of the 8830
    11-26-09 08:35 PM
    I gave it a week....I wish Sprint would get a bigger version of the tour...I just like the feel of the 8830
    If you like it more then go ahead and use it, it is your phone after all. Doesn't make you crazy, just weird.
    11-26-09 08:41 PM
    very wierd.. I have a tour and my wife still has the 8330, and oh god, i couldnt go back. You actually get used to the keyboard after a while. But the speed of the tour alone was a done deal for me.
    11-26-09 09:36 PM
    How long were you using the Tour for? Not crazy, but maybe you didn't give it enough time. I don't think I could ever switch back just because of the huge difference in the displays.
    Congrats, "abuser"
    And yeah, i think your missing out on the beautiful screen...
    11-26-09 11:03 PM
    There are definitelyh aspects of my 8830 that I miss in the Tour. One is the slightly larger or wider keyboard and the other was a flawless trackball. I also liked that I could adjust the screen lighting manually. I could adjust the profiles to suit my needs.
    11-27-09 12:00 AM
    The 8830 is quite frankly the best phone I ever had. With each upgrade in OS, it became more and more efficient. By the time I retired it for the Tour, the browser was so fast that I actually preferred using it to my laptop, and I have high speed internet. Compared to that, the Tour's OS is highly unsatisfactory; I've bricked my phone upwards of 10 times just doing routine stuff, and it has yet to match the speed of my 8830. Having said that though, I could never go back. The deal breakers for me with the 8830 were: no camera, very limited memory and a 2.5mm jack (and yes, I know you can buy an adapter). I still have mine, just in case, but it is unlikely that I'll ever use it again.
    11-27-09 12:28 AM
    I currently switched back to my 8830 from the tour because I just missed it way too much. It just seems so much easier to type on and just seems so much more solid. Have I just grown too attached to this phone and now "over value" it or does anybody else like this phone. I guess I just like that this phone is bigger. with 4.5 now available I dont feel like I am missing much...am I?
    I understand you. I like the UI better on 4.5. I don't like the clear icons. Sure the screen resolution of the Tourbis better, but it's not that big of a deal. I personally like the 8330 curve. It was my favorite blackberry. I actually liked it better than the Bold I later switched to. So I guess that I am weird like you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD