The Storm was my first BB and I liked it (and still do) a lot. However using the Storm was an involved process and nothing was "quick". This is what drove me to buy a Tour (outright). I miss the large screen of the Storm but I LOVE the Tour. I am so much faster typing and navigating through screens, especially with the use of the keyboard shortcuts. I am also loving how much easier it is to use the search feature found in many apps because you don't have to bring up the keyboard to start searching.
    08-23-09 11:04 PM
    I had the Storm for a little and I was dissapointed to switch to Sprint and get the Tour....until I used it!
    08-23-09 11:25 PM
    I also had a storm.

I read the title of this post, and thought to myself "well no s***!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 11:52 PM
    Yeah there's no comparison. Even with the smaller (sharper) screen, I haven't missed that storm a bit.

08-24-09 12:13 AM
    I have been through 5 storms in 2.5 months. It's terrible and i HATE IT! it's my first BB and terrible first impression! I finally bitched to verizon so much and threatened to cancel that they offered me 2 brand new BB tours. I get them tomorrow and I can't wait!
    10-20-09 06:05 PM
    I had the Storm for 10 months, and I went through 5 of them within that time. So I called L&R at Telus and they hooked me up with a Tour for half price, and paid for my added services (caller ID, voicemail, and some free minutes)...

ANYWAYS... I do love my Tour!!! It's just so easy to use, and for once in 10 months, my phone didn't freeze and need a battery pull everytime I received a phone call while I was pinning!!

LOVE IT! And although I did enjoy my storm and the big screen, and weatherbug... I love how I have a reliable BB!
    10-21-09 08:47 PM
    I also had the Storm, for about two weeks. Glad to see you're enjoying the new device!
    10-21-09 09:08 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon customer support, after the 3rd Storm with the same issue I have a free Tour en route. You can't beat their customer service. I hope the Tour is better than the Storm.
    11-30-09 02:32 PM
    +1 for tour. dont get any better
    11-30-09 02:41 PM
    hey you wonna do me a favor? OP.....you can return your Tour...have mine for free....PM me
    11-30-09 03:14 PM
    I also had a storm.

I read the title of this post, and thought to myself "well no s***!"

My thought exactly! I went through 7 Storms and when I had 3 replacements within 90 days I was able to switch to the Tour. I still miss the full screen though.
    11-30-09 04:38 PM
    There's just no comparison in the efficiency between the keyboard on the Tour and the touchscreen on the Storm.
    11-30-09 05:07 PM
    yup had a storm one switched to the tour. Couldn't be happier

11-30-09 05:56 PM
    Had the Storm for 10 months and then in a span of 3 weeks I went through 3 Storms and got the Tour and I love it big time!!!!

11-30-09 06:30 PM
    Glad you like your Tour. I had so many friends who had nothing but problems with their S1. I'm glad I never made the mistake of getting one. I'll probably jump on the S3, if they make another and it's got all the kinks worked out.
    11-30-09 07:07 PM
    I love my Tour! I had the storms and Hated them! I never hated a phone as much as I did the storm
    11-30-09 07:28 PM
    I love my Tour! I had the storms and Hated them! I never hated a phone as much as I did the storm

pfft...you've obviously never had the samsung Instinct LMAO.

I never thought it was possible to actually HATE a phone haha...that phone proved me wrong.
    11-30-09 07:34 PM

I never thought it was possible to actually HATE a phone haha...that phone proved me wrong.
    lol its funny you bought up the Instinct. I have a freind of mine with one of those things, all he does is brag how good his Instinct is VS my Blackberrys lol I just kinda roll my eyes and think hes insane
    11-30-09 07:41 PM
    Yeah there's no comparison. Even with the smaller (sharper) screen, I haven't missed that storm a bit.

AMEN!
    was about to post a new thread and saw this one. I can't find my original threaed where I was explaining my situation about being a nurse transporting pediatric patients and having to have a reliable phone, but, the storm was so unreliable. I went through 2 replacements, and as the 3rd was in the mail, I finally got a compassionate salesperson (on the phone, not in the store) who offered me my new any two pricing early to get out of the storm. I got the tour, and I will never go back. I LOVE IT! I do have screensize envy, but it is a small price to pay for the reliability. I haven't had to do one single battery pull, no freezing, no hourglass, great sound, and the camera is even better. I have had the curve in the past, and it is even better than that!
    I love it! That salesperson hands down kept me from paying the contract thing and getting out of verizon altogether.
    who hoo for the tour! and no, I didn't go in and "pitch a fit" in the store, I just had a situation where I honestly needed a replacement.
    03-16-10 11:00 AM
    I went from S1 to the Tour and haven't looked back. Battery life of the Tour is much better, and while I did love the large touchscreen of S1, texting and emailing were a major hassle.

03-16-10 03:35 PM

Haha hilarious. Yeah the instinct is a terrible phone. Those and the original touch pro are the worst phones I have ever used in my life. I literally threw my touch pro out the window. Lol. I was close with the instinct a few times.

The tour is a great phone. I love it.
    03-16-10 04:09 PM
    How about from the S2 to the Tour.

I have both right now. and I love my S2, but I am looking for a change. I have flipped flopped between both of them for the past week. I am not sure which one I should stay with.

However, My every2 is up this summer and Im actually waiting for the Tour/Bold 9650 to come out.
    03-16-10 05:46 PM
    The Storm was my first BB and I liked it (and still do) a lot. However using the Storm was an involved process and nothing was "quick". This is what drove me to buy a Tour (outright). I miss the large screen of the Storm but I LOVE the Tour. I am so much faster typing and navigating through screens, especially with the use of the keyboard shortcuts. I am also loving how much easier it is to use the search feature found in many apps because you don't have to bring up the keyboard to start searching.
    I am not liking my tour too much these days. I can't find many apps for this phone and it is really difficult to operate for the most part. The only thing I like about it I guess is the fact I don't have to go to the office to send emails or grab camera's for accident investigations. I can do it from my phone and send everything to my office from the field. This phone is extremely slow even with full strength signals. I do also like the tethering and the use of my bluetooth to tie into my laptop for internet use. That itself is the best part of this phone. Personally I would score this phone a mere 5 of 10 for ease of use and ability. Iphone in my opinion is 100 times more useful than the tour but since ATT and Sprint have little to no service in my area I am restricted to Verizons network. The tour also is my first Blackberry which seems to be overrated. Not to impressed with the phone. Most of what I have been able to do with this phone is the same as my Samsung Hughe II.
    03-16-10 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD