CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Switch over SIM card?!?!?!

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately there was a problem with my 3 week old BB Tour so Verizon has sent me a new one as replacement. What I'm wondering, is do I switch over my old SIM card? This is my first BB and first Global ready phone so being with Verizon I've never dealt with SIM cards before. The new phone came with its own SIM card, but do I need to use the one I have in my current phone? I've never traveled out of country or anything with it yet, and plan on using BB Desktop Manager to transfer everything over to the new phone. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

-Chris
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

I would just leave them as is and use the new SIM. It won't matter anyway until you need to travel internationally and they will set it up at that time.
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask if you need it.

Only keep the sim if the replacement didn't come with one. You probably better off throwing it away anyways. I mean if you are going to travel abroad you would want to unlock your berry and get a local sim card there so you don't pay a million for international roaming charges. But you tour doesnt need one here in the good ol USofA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,388 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!

Quote Originally Posted by MushingJeeper View Post
    Hi everyone,

Unfortunately there was a problem with my 3 week old BB Tour so Verizon has sent me a new one as replacement. What I'm wondering, is do I switch over my old SIM card? This is my first BB and first Global ready phone so being with Verizon I've never dealt with SIM cards before. The new phone came with its own SIM card, but do I need to use the one I have in my current phone? I've never traveled out of country or anything with it yet, and plan on using BB Desktop Manager to transfer everything over to the new phone. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

-Chris
    You can leave it in or take it out, doesn't matter. Verizon SIM cards are only meant to be used when roaming overseas.
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!