Like many, I have had problems with my storm. I am on my 3rd storm in 1 week (about to be my 4th). I did install the new 5.0 OS and it worked very well until today. I did got 1 freeze up where I had to do a battery pull to fix it and then a little while later, I went to dial a phone number from the phone key pad, and the only key that works is the 0 (all the other keys while typing a message work though). I just got back from the Verizon store and they told me they would swap my storm out for the tour. Would this be a good idea? What OS is the Tour on? Can I get the new 5.0 OS on it as well? Really, the only thing that kept me from leaving the store tonight with a brand new shiny tour is that it only comes with a 2GB card vs the storm's 8GB. They would not let me keep my 8GB either. How much faster is the tour, if any? Have any of you gone from a storm to a tour and were completely happy? Any input on this would be great.
    10-28-09 07:58 PM
    I had a storm and switched to the tour. I love the physical keyboard on the tour, its a lot nicer to type on. Right now the official os for verizon is 4.7.1.40, but if you have to have 5.0 you can download and install a leaked version. Aside from boot up time there's a noticeable speed boost compared to the storm. If the only thing holding you back is the 2gb card I say go for it you will be very pleased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 08:27 PM
    I would say you would be trading for another headache. Just get the Curve and/or wait for something more stable, with less defects! Just do some research on the Tour and you'll quickly find that it has had more problems than any other BB(other than the Storm).
    10-28-09 08:33 PM
    i think ive had a different experience than cassith, i have had the tour after one switchout for the trackball issue and haven't had any issues since then. i am currently running the leaked OS 5.0.0.230 which i believe is the latest stable leaked OS but from what i've read the official OS 5 release is just around the corner. the tour is an awesome device and i have had tremendous success with it so i dont think you'll regret switching. although i did play with the storm2 and was surprisingly impressed with the new surepress and how easily i could type on it..
    10-28-09 09:07 PM
    What about app memory on the tour? I know it is smaller but, how much less app memory is on the tour vs the storm? Also, do you know if I'll still be able to run my pocket informant? Do you know when the new official 5.0 OS is going to hit for the tour and how similar is it to the storm's 5.0 OS? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I make the right decision because after I go to the tour, there's no tuning back to the storm. Thanks.
    10-28-09 09:34 PM
    I just went thru the exact same thing--4 storms this past week and I received my new tour in todays mail!! I would dig a bit deeper into why they are saying you can't keep your card because I just double checked and when I went up to Verizon to have them do a back-up for me (that was another storm issue) they switched my card also and I have the 8GB still. I went thru customer sevice to have mine swapped over to the Tour and I specifically remember the lady telling me to keep my battery and my card. The battery because it was less then a week old. Your card has YOUR stuff on it there is no reason they shouldn't let you keep it!! Good luck and I will say although it has only been a day so far the Tour is a million times better then the storm and it sounds like you were having the same issues that I was.
    10-28-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD