Do I call Sprint to activate the new handset 1st BEFORE running the 'Device Switch Wizard' in the desktop software?

or

Run the switch wizard prior to activating the handset?

Thanks!

p.s
    Any advice on what to watch for as I go through this process? I've only had the thing a couple weeks but I already have all my contacts, dozens of pics and videos, and 8 gigs of music on the thing
    08-03-09 12:59 PM
    Oh! and should I reformat the micro SD card...or should it just go into the new phone without any conflicts due to being in a different handset/different PIN?
    08-03-09 01:03 PM
    Ok from experience, call them first before you even turn it on. I got mine (which my second one will be in today) turned it on and did the device switch, it worked i called and asked to activate.

First problem was turning it on before calling, second problem was calling the normal customer service number to hook it up. They just do a normal acitvation and hang up. Go to sprints BIS website and hit the link that says "require more assistance" and call that number, they are actually BBerry techs and i have always had good luck with them.

Basically, when you get it call before you turn it on, i was on the phone all day because i jumped the gun.
    08-03-09 01:05 PM
    Thanks ST155. Much appreciated.
    08-03-09 01:07 PM
    Glad i saw this post before you swapped because i was on the phone for a long time trying to get it to provision with the network. Then when they reset it and we started over, it worked fine.

As far as the switching out card thing, im pretty sure when you do the device swap it swaps all that stuff BUT i may be wrong. The SD Card should work in any phone so i dont THINK that would be a problem.

When i got my Tour i just took everything media related off my Curve card throught the computer and put it on the Tour when it was hooked up. When i get mine today im going to leave everything in my old Tour there and start over.
    08-03-09 01:18 PM
    Either or, I dont think it really matters.
    08-03-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD