Verizon is telling me no, while the internets is telling me (possibly) yes.

I have an account through Verizon with an international package and unlimited data. I would like to buy an Unlocked International Galaxy S2.

As I'm serving overseas, instant messaging is the best way to stay in immediate contact with everyone back home. The blackberry works great where i am at, but because my friends all have different phones I would like to get a phone and utilize an app that allows IM'ing across multiple platforms.

Verizon is telling me I have to buy the IPhone 4S as it's really the only phone that is international and will meet all my needs. If this is the only way, that's what I'll have to do. But i'd really rather have the S2.....

Could I simply buy an unlocked international S2 and swap the sim from my blackberry?

What should I do in the alternative?

Thank you guys for your help in advance.
    03-25-12 08:34 AM
    Your 9630 works overseas so You neither need an iPhone or a galaxy s2.. Simply get a multi protocl messenger for your BB such as IM+ and use that. If that doesn't give you the chat app you need then Browse the apps
    03-25-12 09:01 AM
    Your 9630 works overseas so You neither need an iPhone or a galaxy s2.. Simply get a multi protocl messenger for your BB such as IM+ and use that. If that doesn't give you the chat app you need then Browse the apps
    I'm ready for a new phone, IM'ing is the tip of the iceberg.
    03-25-12 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD