Hey there,

My friend gave me his Blackberry Tour when he got an iPhone and he promised me that there were no issues.. and there wasn't until recently. In the past month my phone has been crashing and then showing a dead or extremely low battery when booted up despite just getting off of a charger. This happens several times a day. It just shuts off without warning and then does a sequence of a black screen with a red LED and then the spinning clock... and repeat. And if I plug it in, it won't charge unless I do a battery pull during the spinning clock sequence. There is no water damage on the phone according to the indicators and it's not the battery because I used my friend's mom's battery and it did the same thing.

Any advice? I love this phone.. I don't want to have to get a new one and my contract isn't up until October.
    01-20-11 03:14 PM
    What OS are you running? Also, you might want to put a small piece of note card next to your battery just to make sure it is tight against the contacts (a recommendation for another forum post).
    01-20-11 03:39 PM
    Umm v5.0.0.0419 (Platform 4.2.0.179)
    And I will give that a try... but I don't see how that'd make a difference considering when it's plugged in, it still dies...
    01-20-11 03:42 PM
    Nope, didn't work.. just crashed again. Aurgh =(
    01-20-11 03:58 PM
    Umm v5.0.0.0419 (Platform 4.2.0.179)
    And I will give that a try... but I don't see how that'd make a difference considering when it's plugged in, it still dies...
    You may be right or the battery making contact/loosing contact still may make it crash when plugged in, idk. Up to you though. How about updating your OS. You quoted .0419 and that may be so old that I've never heard of it.
    01-20-11 03:58 PM
    You may be right or the battery making contact/loosing contact still may make it crash when plugged in, idk. Up to you though. How about updating your OS. You quoted .0419 and that may be so old that I've never heard of it.
    Sorry, I meant 5.0.0.419 lol. It crashed despite the note card thing. It's pretty secure in there.
    01-20-11 04:11 PM
    Sorry, I meant 5.0.0.419 lol. It crashed despite the note card thing. It's pretty secure in there.
    If it's not your battery, try to update your OS. I recommend no higher that .975 (although many users are satisfied with .983 and .1030, I had problems with them causing reboots). Have you ever loaded an OS?
    01-20-11 04:13 PM
    If it's not your battery, try to update your OS. I recommend no higher that .975 (although many users are satisfied with .983 and .1030, I had problems with them causing reboots). Have you ever loaded an OS?
    Nope I haven't. I'm just downloading blackberry desktop manager right now. Is there anything I need to do that isn't obvious?
    01-20-11 04:18 PM
    Go to BBTweaks.com and there is a short tutorial on loading an OS. Use the Express instructions since you are not going to a different level OS. You will also find the .975 OS to download there. Email me: [email protected] if you have any problems.
    01-20-11 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD