I successfully had my Tour unlocked this morning by calling VZW Global Support (800-711-8300) and was given an unlock code.

After unlocking, I inserted a co-worker's AT&T SIM and was able to making/receive calls. Granted, I was not on 3G.

This means I can call VZW to switch to the Global plan ($69/mo and they will pro-rate) before going oversea.

DATA will be unlimited if use with the included VZW vodaphone SIM.
    Voice will be cheaper, if you get a pre-paid SIM locally where you're travelling to. You'll have to deal with the hassle of swapping SIM cards.
    07-22-09 01:21 PM
    thats awesome to here because i was also thinking about calling the global support and trying to get my tour unlocked so i dont have to buy an unlock code from the web...Did they hassle you? or were they straightforward and helped you unlock it without asking too many questions?
    07-22-09 01:26 PM
    No hassle at all. The guy was really nice.
    07-22-09 03:46 PM
    Cool I might have to give them a call

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 04:08 PM
    No hassle at all. The guy was really nice.

can you check your online account to see if they disabled the ESN change... thing on it
    07-22-09 04:21 PM
    crackberry saved me the hassle of calling global support. thanks crackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 04:26 PM
    can you check your online account to see if they disabled the ESN change... thing on it
    Unfortunately, this is my company phone, so I don't have access to the online business account. I'll see if I can get our Telco person to look it up.
    07-22-09 05:19 PM
    I unlocked mine the day after I got it. Its much cheaper to buy a SIM card when I'm traveling outside of the US.
    Last edited by crashovrride; 07-22-09 at 05:45 PM.
    07-22-09 05:42 PM
    i think im gonna have to try it out then
    07-22-09 05:47 PM
    lucky you because i also have my tour unlocked but when i tried a tmobile sim card it wouldn't allow me to make or receive calls but i could send messages which was really weird. any advice??
    07-22-09 10:20 PM
    lucky you because i also have my tour unlocked but when i tried a tmobile sim card it wouldn't allow me to make or receive calls but i could send messages which was really weird. any advice??
    did you ever solve this problem? im having the same problem on AT&T.
    07-23-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD