I was using my berry today while standing in the hall after class when some **** flung one of those metal pen tabs at my phone. Luckily I had an otterbox on but still there's a deep scratch on my O key. Is there touch up paint or something that I can use? I know I can just replace the keypad for 12bucks but I don't want to void my warranty.

Im super pissed since this is only a month old phone. Next time I see this **** I'm gonna through a pen at his G1 seriously people are such **** heads.

What can I do? It just so disturbing.
    01-28-10 12:14 AM
    Why would replacing the keypad void the warranty?
    01-28-10 12:26 AM
    Because you need to take apart the phone.
    01-28-10 12:43 AM
    Pics of the damage?

To be honest, I wouldn't replace the keyboard. It's not worth the trouble for me. Stuff like this often happens and eventually the phone will get scratched up. I can't see myself replacing the bezel or the keys every time it gets scratched... even if its only a month old.

Try a fine tip black marker (avoid sharpies because it'll come up as deep shiny maroon).
    01-28-10 04:40 AM
    sounds like the guy who did this has suffered enough, he owns a g1 after all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 05:48 AM
    I also would not replace the keypad if I didnt absolutely have to. While it can be done, its still a tricky procedure unless you really know what youre doing.
    01-28-10 06:05 AM
    If i were you i would learn to live with it. Its not worth all the hassle and potential voiding of your warranty to fix it.
    01-28-10 08:17 AM
    If you wanna get this person back make a pea shooter and shoot him when he is on his phone or shoot at his phone , get a 25 cent juice (hugs little plastic jug juice) cut it in half take the part that has the lip were to top was and put a balloon over it. Then get a bag of frozen peas or even better small pebbles and put one in an launch them at that fool make sure to aim for the screen on his phone. LMAO this is going to make you feel better!!!

01-28-10 08:38 AM
    Sorry to hear about your berry, but I'd like to suggest you take coolguy's advice and live with it - let it go. Save money and send it to colorware. If that won't fix the damage, at least the new paint job on your berry will catch people's attention, making the scratch not so bad. Besides, today may be the day he drops his G1 in the toilet! :-)

01-28-10 09:00 AM
    still a shame that stupid kids messing around damaged your new Tour though.

2 options. replace the keyboard which voids the warranty or live with it for now which wont void your warranty

I would just hate see my phone everyday and the keyboard scratched just to think of the stupid kid that did that everyday ..
    01-28-10 09:09 AM
    Sorry to hear about your berry, but I'd like to suggest you take coolguy's advice and live with it - let it go. Save money and send it to colorware. If that won't fix the damage, at least the new paint job on your berry will catch people's attention, making the scratch not so bad. Besides, today may be the day he drops his G1 in the toilet! :-)

LMFAO karma finally happened so his mom threw a hissy fit and used his G1 to bang the counter lol. Today I finally received my otterbox commuter case.
    I love otterbox, best customer service ever! So the situation is I got my commuter case a while ago and the matte finish started rubbing off of my case and it had this sticky feeling to it. I washed the case with warm water and mild soap still got the same result. Anyways I sent otterbox an email and they rushed me a brand new otterbox commuter with Decals! So now I can use my new otterbox commuter case yippee!!! or I can save it for backup.
    02-01-10 08:15 PM
    still a shame that stupid kids messing around damaged your new Tour though.

2 options. replace the keyboard which voids the warranty or live with it for now which wont void your warranty

I would just hate see my phone everyday and the keyboard scratched just to think of the stupid kid that did that everyday ..
    Yeah I know that kids a little troubled up there but I'm thinking oh well I guess it could be just me worrying to much. When the keyboard backlight isn't on you can't see the scratch. But once the keyboard backlight is on its another story.
    02-01-10 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD