Being a photographer and a kayaker, this is a great little app but when I do a rollover on the icon on the main screen, I get "52F, Mostly Cloudy, w". I'm always getting that little "w" in the weather description, what on earth is that for? It's there constantly, day or night.
    11-09-09 10:23 PM
    If you have the Dial from Homescreen option turned off so that you have keyboard shortcuts enabled it will show up. The (w) indicates the W key is assigned to launch that app.
    11-09-09 10:25 PM
    Actually I believe if you have multiple cities set up, that the "w" denotes the first letter of the city that you are currently on. Does your city begin with a "w"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 10:34 PM
    Nope to both answers.
    Hitting the w does not send me to the weather page. I turned off the Dialing from Home Screen, and now the w is still attached to Voicemail. Turn Dialing from HS back on and the w is still there.

The w was there when I only had one city, and now it's still there when I have two cities (T & P). I've gone to the BBWeather site and there's nothing there. I can't find what this icon/letter means anywhere! I feel like such a dunce 'cause I'm usually able to figure these things out for myself.
    Last edited by TOphotog; 11-10-09 at 09:16 AM.
    11-10-09 09:02 AM
    Shao was right, its the shortcut key. turn "dial from homescreen" off, and press the 1 (w) key. just press it, dont hold it down. launches the program every time for me
    11-10-09 09:45 AM
    Thanks but tried that. BBTour: Dial from Home Screen> No, save, exit. Quick tap on the W> nothing. Long tap goes to voicemail. I found the creator of BBWeather (tateu) on another BB site and have sent him a PM. Maybe I've missed something.
    Last edited by TOphotog; 11-10-09 at 10:33 AM.
    11-10-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD