I have the Verizon BB Tour and upgraded to OS 5.0 on Sunday. Everything has been working until about 2 hours ago when the BB shut off on its on. It came back on and read Safe Mode. I have pulled the battery out 5 times, removed the SIM and SD cards and same results. I also tried 'enabling Safe Mode' to see if it would let me exit out.

I called Verizon, while the rep was very nice she didn't know what Safe Mode is or what it does. I explained it's used in the event a downloaded app corrupts your OS, you can boot and safe mode to delete. She still had me check if I could call out (NO), if I can load the browser (NO) and finally she advised that I wipe the phone using the pc software. I respectfully declined as I believe this is a glitch and can be fixed without wiping the phone and losing all my data.

Has anyone had this problem? Anything else I can try? I'm about to download the pc software and see what it can do.
    04-06-10 12:53 PM
    Wow, i can't even get my Tout *into Safe Mode! Hopefully someone will come along with a solution for ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 03:39 PM
    I have not come across anyone who has encountered this problem. Maybe one of your apps from previous os is the problem or a bad theme? Just a suggestion. Hope someone here has the help your looking for. Until reading your post I didn't even know bb's had a safe mode.
    My motto, "when in doubt, wipe and start over".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 04:10 PM
    I had to use safe mode today to delete a bad app. After rebooting, I thought I was stuck in safe mode, because I had the default theme come up. After some investigating, it was just that, the default theme had loaded in safe mode. I change to my regular theme and all is well.

I did come across one solution if you are actually stuck in safe mode, and that is to let the battery drain completely before recharging.
    08-03-10 07:13 AM
    I had to use safe mode today to delete a bad app...
    If there's a way to get a 9630 into "Safe Mode," I've not heard of it. I assume you used Safe Mode on your 9700, not a 9630?
    08-03-10 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD