this happened to me 3 times today. i get an alert sound and my LED blinks for unread messages/alerts. i look through my phone and i have no new messages but the LED will keep blinking. is anyone else having this prob? whats going on?
    08-02-09 04:22 PM
    This can happen some times. I would recommend doing a battery pull to see if this will fix the situation. Also make sure that you go to option screen/keyboard and make sure your LED Alert is turned to off.
    08-02-09 04:31 PM
    There is an app called LEDReset that gets rid of those phantom flashes. I recommend it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 04:32 PM
    Do you have any weather app installed? WeatherBug or BerryWeather? They have an option for LED alerts.

If you have no apps that would cause that, do a reset on the phone. Having a "stuck" blinking LED light when no messages are present is pretty common. The reset should fix it.
    08-02-09 04:32 PM
    YouMail flashes the LED too if you have that.
    08-02-09 04:39 PM
    Do you have visual voicemail? When I get a new vm and check it the led will start blinking if I make a call. To stop the blinking I have to open visual vm and it stops. If I don't make a call with in about 10 mins of using vvm it doesn't happen. Seems like a os bug.

08-02-09 04:54 PM
    I got one today and noticed when I went to show all that the "application center" had a new alert!
    I don't know wtf it wanted from me but I noticed it added some vzw ring I'd thing, not installed but in the list of apps, so I just uninstalled the app center. I already have the BB app world, why do I need another program to list my programs for me??!

08-02-09 05:16 PM
    Don't have visual voice mail. I just went into weatherbug and turned of the notifications so I'll let u know if it continues.

08-02-09 05:24 PM
    Does anyone use the option to have the LED flash green all the time, not just flash when you have a message? just wondering, and too see if its a battery drainer to have it flash all the time. Thanks!
    08-02-09 05:28 PM
    Flashing green is the coverage indicator light, it blinks while you have coverage. It's an LED so it won't have too much of an impact on battery life (for the average user).
    08-02-09 06:23 PM
    Do a battery pull...

08-02-09 06:26 PM
    I use BerryBuz on my Tour. Once in a while I have gotten an LED alert for the color I have set for email when there is no email, always while the unit is in suspend or has just timed out. Reactivating the screen seems to clear it every time.
    08-02-09 06:33 PM
    This happened to me. I forgot about app alerts, thanks
    08-02-09 06:46 PM
    I got one today and noticed when I went to show all that the "application center" had a new alert!
    yeah, same for me too. I didn't uninstall the VZW app center, but I just unchecked autorefresh list. Did everyone get that app alert on the first of the month / over the weekend too?
    08-03-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD