I am having a strange issue with my contacts. Last night I synced my contacts with outlook via DM with no problems, now if I try to dial a number from my contact list I get "the long distance or number is incorrect" messege. If I dial the exact same number in the numbers pad it will dial with no problems??

I tried to search for a fix with no success, anyone knows how to fix this?

Cheers
    07-22-09 08:21 AM
    Just found on another forum that this issue might be caused by Airave (we have one at home)

Here is the link

Airave and Blackberry Tour Compatibility Issues - Sprint Gurus Forums
    07-22-09 08:28 AM
    The fix noted on the Sprint Gurus forum fixed the issue on my Tour.

Fix is: go to Phone > Options > Smart Dialing and change the country code to "Unknown". Mine was set to +1 which is evidently the default setting (and the correct one for the US).

I've had a trouble ticket in with the AirRave support line since July 16 on this issue -- they said they have had many calls on this issue. They said they would fix it on the backend within 48 hours, and I'm still waiting ......... no fix from them.

But -- this did the trick. Now we'll see if the setting in Country Code causes other problems .........
    07-22-09 08:53 AM
    Can't take credit for this but If anyone else experiencing this issue with Airave and dialing from the contact list.

The fix is:green talk-bb-options-smart dialing-change the 1 to unknown
    07-22-09 08:53 AM
    Thanks Go Blue, we posted at the same time, did you have any problems dialing from the contact list when outside of the Airave range?
    Last edited by 717200; 07-22-09 at 09:00 AM.
    07-22-09 08:55 AM
    I might also add that the posts on Sprint Gurus thread indicated that this fix was not working for everybody ........

Worked for me, but as I said I'm wondering what the downside may be.

AirRave did confirm (for whatever that's worth), as have the posts on this subject, that it is only an issue with AirRave + Tour.
    07-22-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD