I picked a location in my house that has a whole array of lighting. There are vibrant colors, light colors, dark colors, shade etc. I decided to use this area so you can see the overall difference between the two cameras as a whole.

Both images were shot using the highest quality and the maximum resolution. I shrunk them down but maintained their quality.

Storm's image

Tours image

The tour seems to handle the shaded / darker areas much better then the storm. The tour is also a lot less grainy. The tour also seems to handle the vibrant colors much better.

Both cameras seem to hate the dark areas though like the desk. I placed a few items on the desk to see how it would react and you can't even see them really. Next to the curve I have my wallet and a blackberry perl and you can't see either of them

All in all the tour is a much better camera, but it shouldn't replace your digital camera just yet. If RIM keeps this up though who knows in the future.
    07-14-09 12:23 AM
    Nice, thanks for the side by side comparison!
    07-14-09 12:25 AM
    Nice, thanks for the side by side comparison!
    No problem, I wanted to see for myself what the difference was between the two, and I figured maybe others would want to see the difference also =)
    07-14-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD