Ok, so I just read over at BBOS that VZW is going to offer Storm1 owners a discount and deal if they want to upgrade to the Storm2 but you'll have to re-up your contract and there's no date on when it'll take effect. But it's going for $279.99 with a $100.00 MIR.

Cool! I hope they'll do that for us Tour owners when the Tour2 comes out!?!
    11-04-09 08:24 AM
    Not a chance. The Tour does not have issues like the S1 had. Trackball and loos batt door will not be enough to give all Tour owners early upgrades.
    11-04-09 08:30 AM
    Not a chance. The Tour does not have issues like the S1 had. Trackball and loos batt door will not be enough to give all Tour owners early upgrades.
    That's a shame though. Maybe if enough of us argue the point when Tour 2 comes out we can get it lol. I am just liking that trackpad! Oh and wifi.
    11-04-09 08:34 AM
    I really don't need a trackpad or wifi so my tour is perfect. But I am buying the droid on friday. I love buying phones retail so I don't have to use my upgrade until a phone I really want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 08:38 AM
    But from what I remember the Storm1 issues were mainly software, correct? I mean, they could've said, "F-off! Download and install the new OS and it'll fix some of the issues." whereas, problems with the Tour are hardware based. I may be wrong, didn't really care to follow the Storm issues cause I don't like the phone.
    11-04-09 08:52 AM
    Agreed^^^^^^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 09:29 AM
    That's a shame though. Maybe if enough of us argue the point when Tour 2 comes out we can get it lol. I am just liking that trackpad! Oh and wifi.
    trackpad + wifi = best berry!
    11-04-09 12:18 PM
    All Tour owners need to decide on a date and go into VZW stores across the country and demand some sort of upgrade deal, especially with the phone already being slashed down 100 dollars to $49.99!

I want Wifi
    11-04-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD