After multiple problems in a short time with Storms, I've gotten a Tour as well. I do miss the big screen, and typing landscape is almost as good as typing on the Tour, and it just feels "weird" coming from the Storm which I really enjoyed using for so long.

I wouldn't trade my Tour for the current gen Storm. Storm 2 though, with it's fixed click screen, more memory and hopefully more juice to run the touch interface and solid OS (one can hope) would give my Tour a run for it's money.
    07-31-09 08:43 AM
    I'm gonna put my 2 cents in here...

Yes, I do miss the big screen on the storm, it was amazing... However, it did not outweigh all the problems I had.. The memory management was a mess...

When I boot up my Tour (with tons of apps installed and lots loading at startup) I have 114mb! Yes one hundred fourteen megs!!! I don't ever, Ever, EVER have to worry about memory... And since it does have so much free memory it runs fast as ****...

So, yes I do miss the screen, I loved it, it was amazing... But as far as a phone and a tool it was hindered by lots of problems...

Take it for what it's worth... YOU should use what YOU are happy with... I'm not going to come on here and say "OMGZ u r ghey 4 using Storm, Tour FTW!" because it's not up to me what you use, I honestly DON'T CARE what you use...

-Corey
    07-31-09 08:50 AM
    Ohh.. And it's supposed to be Blackberry Vs. iPhone, not Blackberry Storm Vs. Blackberry Tour!

FOCUS!!!!
    07-31-09 08:50 AM
    I went from a Storm to a Tour as well. I loved my Storm but just locked up all the time I went thru 6 in 2 months. But the Tour is great the only thing i really miss is the big screen. big screen was great
    With the ease of switching between my tour and storm (*228 option 3) I have switched back and forth about ten times trying to determine which phone to stick with. Every time I switch back to my storm I miss the speed, form factor and weight of the tour. I enjoyed my storm for many months and the .151 leak was the best yet, but the tour is just how a blackberry is supposed to operate. The screen size is the biggest adjustment, but I can live with it.
    07-31-09 08:57 AM
    With the 151 on the storm I am good to go. No more app mem. problems or freezing. I was seriously looking into the Tour (went to verizon 4-5 times) then I downloaded 151 and it works the way I always wanted it to. I am a happy camper.
    07-31-09 12:20 PM
    My 8830 just broke and I need a new berry. I want to get the Storm 2 later this year, but may be forced to get something else. Do you think I should get a regular phone and then upgrade later? Should I get a Tour? I can't decide.
    07-31-09 12:25 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD