Hello,

I am new to the blackberry world. That said I got a storm a month ago. That said today is my 30th day at Verizon with the phone. Any thoughts on whether I should return it today and wait the 10 days for the Tour? Will the tour be more robust, better battery life, run more apps, etc.

Any inoput is greatly appreciated in advance. I'm just trying to avoid major buys remorse and being tied to the storm if I should have waited. Paying full retail in a few months is nopt an option.

Thanks again
    07-02-09 08:53 AM
    Alright, I am gonna say it. If you just scrolled down in the threads, you would see 4 or 5 posts exactly like this.

That said, Go to Verizon today and tell them you want the Tour. Trust me, do not keep the Storm. You will grow to hate it and it will slowly suck your soul like a succubus.
    07-02-09 08:55 AM
    Well, I have the storm, and am getting the tour on launch. Both will run the same apps, both are roughly the same size, i believe from what I have seen both run the same battery, but I would guess that the Tour would have a better battery life due to the fact that the screen isnt as big. Im just speculating there though.

I would return the storm and get the newest technology. Just my 2 cents.
    07-02-09 09:05 AM
    Return it for the Tour.
    07-02-09 09:07 AM
    Call Verizon up, ask them if they can extend your 30 day warrenty to up to 15 more days. That way you have more time to see if you want the Tour or storm.

My best advice though is to let the storm go and get the Tour but ur gonna have to extend your warrenty at least 15 more days though if verizon lets you in order to exchange the storm for the tour... goodluck to you and welcome to the fourm!
    07-02-09 09:08 AM
    I still love my Storm (had it since launch). Only you can decide if you want to keep it. Would you be happy trading away the large screen for a physical keyboard? That's probably the biggest question. Other than that, they aren't that different.
    07-02-09 09:13 AM
    I love my storm. I wouldn't trade it for anything! There is nothing like the touch screen for me. Its all personal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by raidergirl123; 07-02-09 at 09:37 AM.
    07-02-09 09:26 AM
    I love my tour. I wouldn't trade it for anything! There is nothing like the touch screen for me. Its all personal

lol last time i checked the tour wasnt a touch screen
    07-02-09 09:28 AM
    Lol u r right I meant to say I love my storm. Ur lame lol

Last edited by raidergirl123; 07-02-09 at 09:38 AM.
    07-02-09 09:33 AM
    Lol u r right I meant to say I love my storm. Ur lame lol

LOL!! i knew what u meant, I just wanted to give you a hard time maybe that was a sign of you wanting the Tour since you say you loved the Tour by accident
    07-02-09 09:40 AM
    Lol no I have to be honest I am a gadget girl. Ill wait on the storm 2

07-02-09 09:43 AM
    Quickly drop whatever you are doing and RUN to your nearest store and return the Storm.

It might work now but it wont within 6 months tops. RIM has already admitted failure by dropping the click screen on the next Storm. The click works oh so well at first but it doesnt last. That nice click goes away after a while.
    07-02-09 09:44 AM
    I returned the Storm after using it for 2 weeks. I haven't tried the Tour yet however my bet would be that it will be much better than the Storm.
    07-02-09 09:45 AM
    Leave the Storm on a church steps and run away fast, very fast.

07-02-09 09:46 AM
    Quickly drop whatever you are doing and RUN to your nearest store and return the Storm.

It might work now but it wont within 6 months tops. RIM has already admitted failure by dropping the click screen on the next Storm. The click works oh so well at first but it doesnt last. That nice click goes away after a while.
    not true. At first RIM was thinking about getting rid of the click screen, but has now confirmed storm 2 will indeed have the same click screen as storm 1. you can read all about it in the storm 2 fourm

but i do agree with you, run away from the storm as fast as you can
    07-02-09 09:50 AM
    not true. At first RIM was thinking about getting rid of the click screen, but has now confirmed storm 2 will indeed have the same click screen as storm 1. you can read all about it in the storm 2 fourm

but i do agree with you, run away from the storm as fast as you can
    Oh, I didnt know that. I thought they were keeping the name and getting rid of the click feature and trying to add some sort of gimmicky haptic feedback. Either way I say give it a glass screen and use capacitive like the iPhone.

On Topic, keeping your Storm and hoping that it works as it should is kin to playing russian roulette.
    07-02-09 10:05 AM

QFT!

Returning my storm was the best decision I ever made.
    Last edited by fitch220; 07-02-09 at 10:51 AM.
    07-02-09 10:47 AM
    I'm sorry I missed the original posts on the topic. I appreciate the honest and overwhelming feedback to return the storm...
    07-02-09 11:03 AM
    return the storm get the tour sucks you gotta pay 35$ to return it though lol
    07-02-09 12:06 PM
    return the storm get the tour sucks you gotta pay 35$ to return it though lol
    I returned two storm, mine and my GFs. They waived the return fee for both.
    07-02-09 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD